Warning sellers, Ebay is stealing money if they dont approve your banking institution.

Ebay will steal your money if you do not use the bank they want you to use.  Sellers beware. Tangerine Bank, a fully owned subsidiary of The Bank of Nova Scotia will not be approved for my own money, Ebay is saying they will not pay me unless I go open a new account somewhere else.   They are scamming customers. 

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Warning sellers, Ebay is stealing money if they dont approve your banking institution.

i've done both.  i've called a few times and chatted online many times.  neither have had results.  they won't even let me chat with someone higher up.  they just say it's been escalated and i need to wait 48-72 hours.  at least when i chat online i can turn on a sports game and mostly pay attention to that while they tell me the same ol' garbage for the 15th time.

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
You might find this thread on the Tangerine saga to be of interest, @mccsurrey:

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Payments/BEWARE-Tangerine-no-longer-accepted/m-p/483543
Message 22 of 25
latest reply

No way this is totally an eBay problem. If they are incapable of working with a particular bank then eBay should make that information public so that affected ebayers can rectify it before a transaction is made. They can't just hold someone's money hostage. Especially egregious considering PayPal already solved this problem.
Message 23 of 25
latest reply

Why does eBay allow sellers to list if they don't have a registered Managed Payments account?

Since MP is an in-house service, it should be relatively easy to make it impossible to upload a listing if the seller is not registered.

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

At the onset of MP for Canadian sellers, I do remember reading about sellers that were having issues with some types  of bank accounts were allowed to maintain and/or go back to using Paypal until eBay was able to resolve the issues/glitches,etc...but those were rare cases not something common and nothing that involved multitudes of sellers....

But in general, I don't understand how it is possible for any seller to prepare and/or post a listing on eBay without first setting up a Managed Payments account and have all the necessary verifications completed...

I was not able to list until I signed up for Managed Payments(Back story...I dragged my heels  and actually left eBay for over 6 months during 2021 as I refused to proceed with MP, until I was thoroughly convinced I could accept it for what it is and work with MP as an infrequent/casual seller and that all{well at least most of the glitches had been worked out}, but in the meantime I had lost all ability to make any listings and/or post any listings until banking info was provided and the subsequent verifications, before given the green light from eBay that I could proceed to sell/list items for sale...

Message 25 of 25
latest reply