100K Free Listings Promo Not Renewed

My 100k free listing promo was not renewed for November. Anyone else experience this?
Message 1 of 80
latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

Re: 100K Free Listings Promo Not Renewed

im in the same boat , im just a small time seller trying to sell my personal collection , ive been posting about 300 ads per week since the 100k offer started and still only had about 8 to 10 sales at best per month , now that theres no posting deals , i can only post 200 , cant afford to pay extra fees to post more than 200 , doesnt help with all the "extra" fees ebay charges that they shouldnt be but get away with . 

Message 41 of 80
latest reply

@teenytrinkets wrote:

I agree we should've got advance notice for a promotion that was ongoing for a year. Especially considering we have listings auto-renewing! It reeks a bit of a long-term bait and switch - get sellers comfy going over the 200 listings, and then snatch it away! I sort of expected this as a bit of a long-term ulterior motive..

Has anyone "done the math" to determine at what point it's worth it to upgrade to a store subscription if you're going over the 200 free listings per month?

Since the promo started last year, I started listing more small items (I'll likely take these down now) and went from staying under 200 to listing an average of 300. The basic store seems too expensive, but the starter store looks like it might work at only $7.95 a month.

I was going to crunch the numbers, but I'm wondering if anyone has already put a list together of thresholds to show at what point a store would start to offer a savings. I also have no idea what other benefits a store would offer?

Also, currently I have MANY similar listings that can be "consolidated" - as in, they're the same item, but different colour, scent, size,  etc.  If I consolidate, this would mean only one listing fee, right? This will be a giant PITA, but could save me a lot going forward. 

My only concern has always been going over so always listed accordingly. I reduced from a Premium to a Basic store when my 1 year ended back in May. Going yearly for those savings. 

As for combining your listings using Variation that is very hit or miss. What may be available on 1 site might not be available on another. In many categories the Variation option isn't even a thing when it would make sense to have. As a side note in the past creating mixed lots of items was fairly straightforward. Now with Item(1) Specific requirements it can make creating some listings extremely time consuming to do so accurately. This has been pointed out to eBay but as of yet, not addressed.  And in many Categories the Sub-Category named LOTS has been deleted.

As for the Starter Store that is only a thing on dot com. In one of the announcements approx 2019 there was a plan for some additional store options for Canada. Never happened.

-Lotz

PS. Main benefits for having a store are guaranteed quantity of listings, reduced FVF's in certain categories, quarterly coupon for shipping supplies and ability to arrange your store in categories that works for you and going forward will make it easiers for your buyers to search compared to what ebay has given us. (That one I qualify as priceless)

See Post 9. Discontinuation of store offers is being looked into by Tyler

Message 42 of 80
latest reply

Unfortunately, the monthly cost of a basic store subscription would be slightly more than what I list per year on average. Not to mention, I'll be winding down my listings to under 200 by next summer. It's probably going to make more sense for me to end a bunch of listings and re-think my sales and listing strategy going forward.
Message 43 of 80
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Not sure why there would be a contradiction to the 2 sites.

eBay Canada is free to operate differently than its US counterpart, or any other eBay portal, for that matter.  Most international companies try to adapt to local market conditions as they cater to different customer bases and needs.

Check out the menu for McDonald's India sometime.  It's quite different than what we have here.

Message 44 of 80
latest reply

@marnotom! wrote:

Not sure why there would be a contradiction to the 2 sites.

eBay Canada is free to operate differently than its US counterpart, or any other eBay portal, for that matter.  Most international companies try to adapt to local market conditions as they cater to different customer bases and needs.

Check out the menu for McDonald's India sometime.  It's quite different than what we have here.

See Post 9 for your viewing pleasure.

From past weekly discussions dot ca are supposed to follow similar procedures. Seems to be impossible to prove that is being followed to the letter.

-Lotz

Message 45 of 80
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member
We’re talking about procedures? I thought we were talking about a discontinued promotion.
Message 46 of 80
latest reply

All interconnected. eBay dot com is infamous for officially announcing things on dot com and NOT announcing/updating on dot ca. This would not be an exception. Same goes for features being released on the 2 sites. Canada usually gets later and stripped down. (Often with a link cut and pasted from dot com's help area.) Which we pass on to get fixed.

IF and that's a big IF,eBay has/had of removed the listing offers on dot com the plotz would have hit the skyscraper. And covered it.

Message 47 of 80
latest reply

I'm glad I saw this - I usually check at the beginning of the month to see if the promo is till running and of course I forgot to check yesterday and of course poof - it's gone! I had been slowly increasing my listings because it was so nice they were free and I'm just over 500 now. 

I thought I saw a table for the store cost and how many listings you get with it but I can't seem to find it and when I click on the button to try and open a store I just get an error - can anyone direct me when I actually apply to get a store or has any thoughts on what store you are using/benefits/negative etc.

Thanks so much for your help!

Message 48 of 80
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

I only got 10,000 on dotCA and 10,000 on dotCOM for a total of 20,000 Free Listings.

I don't think I have used any of my Store "free" listings for months, since eBay seems to use the promotional freebies first.

I actually moved one of my subscriptions from Premium to Basic because I had so many free listings.

In speaking to a US seller with a Premium Store, he is currently(November) seeing the following:

Pay no insertion fees for 500 Auction Style Listings in Collectible & Fashion Accessories

Pay no insertion fees for 10,000 Listings

Bonus - Pay no additional Fixed Price Listings for 50,000 BIN  in select categories

-Lotz

Message 49 of 80
latest reply

Was just looking at how the wording changed from ...../Aug/Sept/Oct to Nov for my dot ca offers.

100K Free Insertion Fee Listings

No insertion fees on 100,000 Listings including Good 'Til Cancelled

Start:1 Oct 2021 at 0:00 EDT
End:1 Nov 2021 at 0:00 EDT

Additional 10K Free Insertions in Select Categories

Additional insertions in select categories for sellers with Basic Stores

Start:1 Nov 2021 at 0:00 EDT
End:1 Dec 2021 at 0:00 EST
Used/Left 26 used/9974 left. (approx 650 current listings should apply of my 1150)
ebay.ca, cafr.ebay.ca

-Lotz
Message 50 of 80
latest reply

All my Stores are Basic now, but by listing on dotCOM AND dotCA, I have more.

And of course the 10,000 promotional which get used first.

@timoffit_0

ive been posting about 300 ads per week

Per week or per month? The freebies are per month.

You can also list on dotCOM  to increase the number of free listings.

Note that with dotCOM you have to ship to the USA, you have to list in US dollars (don't forget about currency exchange including bank fees), you must use Flat Rate shipping, and US customers are used to tracked everything (which doesn't mean you have to track, just that you will get panicked messages).

Message 51 of 80
latest reply

I noticed the same thing. I downgraded my Premium store to a Basic one last Dec/20 because of all the free offers. This month I noticed it has changed back to just 350 fixed prices & 250 auctions for my basic store. There also is an offer for free 10K listings on selected catagories which does not cover my jewelry catagory.  So guess I will have to upgrade back to a Premium store again. But sales have been so lousy lately that I don't know if it is worth it for me.

Message 52 of 80
latest reply

All interconnected. eBay dot com is infamous for officially announcing things on dot com and NOT announcing/updating on dot ca. This would not be an exception. 

I think I've posed a similar question to you before: Why would eBay.com, which is technically a different company than eBay.ca, post an announcement about something that affects the Canadian site?

Message 53 of 80
latest reply

Why wouldn't they have someone from the Canadian site (if the Canadian site is really a thing or just a placeholder for data) actually show up to address any applicable changes?

It's not like you can call dot ca when there is problem and talk to a Canadian rep. to gen an actual answer. 

-Lotz

Message 54 of 80
latest reply

when we had the 100k deal i was posting about 300 per week , with no deal now , 200 per month , i do sell canada and usa , 

Message 55 of 80
latest reply

Yes, that 100,000 was nice while it lasted and I was surprised it lasted for as long as it did.  I woke up on Nov.01 to discover my cap was back at 200, after creating about 4,500 listings over the last 10-12 months.  I really did not want to shelve 4k listings so I bit the bullet and went for the premium membership.   Kinda sucks dropping $75 on a subscription, however I did the math and that was the reasonable choice for me.  You get 1k free listings with premium (not really free since you're paying $75) and there's also a bonus offer (at least for me) of 50k free insertion listings.  So, I was able to relist everything for just the $75 monthly fee.  We'll see how it goes...

Message 56 of 80
latest reply

Ha! They likely had a LOT of blowback for pulling the rug out from under us! Classy move...
Message 58 of 80
latest reply

Just noticed that Ebay have a new 100K promotion

2021 Holiday 100K ZIF Promotion

Message 59 of 80
latest reply

Just noticed that Ebay have a new 100K promotion with a new name.

2021 Holiday 100K ZIF Promotion

I can continue to list my 6000 listings.

Message 60 of 80
latest reply