2017 Canada Post rates chart (under 2kg)

Hello! Attached is an image version of the 2017 postage chart I made. Please feel free to use / print it out if you find this useful. 

For Small Packet rate, I used United Kingdom and Australia as reference since that's what I use often.

For Tracked Packet rate, use Paypal shipping instead for get a discount. The chart has counter rate as reference, but there can be slight differences due to fluctuating fuel surcharge. Paypal shipping rates can be found when you print a shipping label via Paypal with the payment from your sales. 

For USA over 1kg, use expedited parcel.

I did not include rates for expedited parcel, xpresspost, priority etc in the chart because the price varies greatly depending on both sender and receiver location. 

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate (for parcel rates)

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/personal/ratesprices/postalprices.jsf (for lettermail / letter-post rates)

2017 Canada Post Postage.jpg

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Nicely done. I don't use a chart like this anymore because all my stuff is shipped with the Calculated Shipping Tool but when I did, mine was written on paper scraps with a Sharpie. Yours looks SO much nicer. Thank you for sharing. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Thank you very much, Zee.  It is quite a helpful chartSmiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I will just leave my 2018 chart here until I can make a new thread myself later. Replying still works, so...

Attached is an image version of the 2018 postage chart I made. Please feel free to use / print it out if you find this useful.

These are all OVER THE COUNTER rates, so if you have Solution for Small Business account (or if you print via Shippo or Paypal) you will get cheaper rates for the parcels. Definitely use Shippo/Paypal/CPC online for Tracked Packet since the saving is quite significant (at least 20% cheaper). Fuel surcharge fluctuations apply to Tracked Packet.

For Small Packet rate, I used United Kingdom and Australia as reference since that's what I use often.

For USA over 1kg, use expedited parcel. I did not include rates for expedited parcel, xpresspost, priority etc in the chart because the price varies greatly depending on both sender and receiver location.

PS. Let's have a moment of silence for the discontinuation of Light Packet... that 300g column looked so lonely. crySmiley Sad

2018 Canada Post Postage.jpg

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for the 2018 update! 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@constantineschoices

@foulger_tyson

This chart may be useful for both of you

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Please remember final charges may increase based on cubing of your package.

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGabcmail-e.asp#1378832

See Part 4 for all the fun details

Preparing your shipping documentation

You must declare each item's actual weight on the shipment Order or manifest at the time of shipping. You may also include the item's dimensions (length x width x height) or the volumetric equivalent of its actual weight (see How to cube an item and calculate the volumetric equivalent of its actual weight).

It is your responsibility to ensure that your declarations are accurate.

Our right to audit

The density factor is a number that reflects the fact that items weighing a certain amount are generally of a certain size or volume:

• We apply a density factor of 5,000 to Priority, Xpresspost and Expedited services, as well as all U.S. and international services (excluding Tracked Packet and Small Packet)
  • We apply a density factor of 6,000 for the Regular Parcel service

-CM

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodieswrote:

Please remember final charges may increase based on cubing of your package.

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGabcmail-e.asp#1378832

See Part 4 for all the fun details

Preparing your shipping documentation

You must declare each item's actual weight on the shipment Order or manifest at the time of shipping. You may also include the item's dimensions (length x width x height) or the volumetric equivalent of its actual weight (see How to cube an item and calculate the volumetric equivalent of its actual weight).

It is your responsibility to ensure that your declarations are accurate.

Our right to audit

The density factor is a number that reflects the fact that items weighing a certain amount are generally of a certain size or volume:

• We apply a density factor of 5,000 to Priority, Xpresspost and Expedited services, as well as all U.S. and international services (excluding Tracked Packet and Small Packet)
  • We apply a density factor of 6,000 for the Regular Parcel service

-CM

Cubing does not apply to the Canada Post shipping services that the table zee-chan shows. Lettermail, Letter-post, Small Packet and Tracked Packet do not use cubing or Volumetric Weight. The rates shown are fixed for the year for Lettermail, Letter-post and Small Packet. Tracked Packet rates shown have a fuel surcharge added that may change each month which in turn will change the Tracked Packet rate.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply