A feedback for a cancelled transaction

A new bug? A buyer asked to cancel a transaction (chose "buyer asked to cancel"), so there was no payment, and the transaction was cancelled. Yet, I was surprised seeing a feedback from this buyer. The feedback was a positive one, but why it's possible? Tried to leave a feedback, too, but the rsponse was "no such a transaction".  

Image2.jpg

Another (old) bug. No payment for 6th day, but unable to cancel - it's because I sent an invoice yesterday, and now it says "sold on May 11", when it was actually sold on May 7.  It means, I will be never ever able to cancel for non-payment, if I send new invoices, right..? 

Even one more bug - depending on where I enter Ebay, my feedback varies +/- 400. Seriously, I was scared, because I thought I got 400 negatives, but no - entered another page and saw 400 feedback more, again. Weird and unpleasant ..... 

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I think the difference is what site you are on...

If I look at my feedback on .COM it seems to always shows the correct 17753

If I look at my feedback within on .CA sometimes it shows 17690, its been stuck at that for some time on .CA when it shows it wrong. Other times it is right.

It's been like this for a couple weeks, its on my "don't care enough to bother calling it in" list.....

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

"Another (old) bug. No payment for 6th day, but unable to cancel - it's because I sent an invoice yesterday, and now it says "sold on May 11", when it was actually sold on May 7.  It means, I will be never ever able to cancel for non-payment, if I send new invoices, right..? "

You should still be able to cancel even if you sent an invoice, only problem is you have to use the newer date. If you sent the invoice yesterday you may have to wait 4 days (15th) to cancel for non-payment.

I just cancelled two items yesterday to same non-paying buyer. I had sent an invoice also (to combine shipping) but I did it back the same time date as sale. I cancelled mine on 5th day since I gave buyer an extra day to respond to email where I asked if she needed more time but she ignored me. I chose cancel reason of "I haven't received payment yet" and with confirmation email it states buyer can not leave feedback (when is for non payment).

I saw you had another note about a cancelled order (Buyer requested) that they still left feedback. I think they are allowed to leave it when that is the reason. Probably because they can still be appreciative of your customer service to honour their request to cancel. You can't leave for them since they aren't really a Buyer unless they've paid!

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Ever since the new unpaid item system was set up it gives the buyer another 4 days to pay when you send an invoice.  I think eBay set it up that way so that if a buyer buys items a few day apart and you send a combined invoice,  they still have a few days to pay.

I 'think' if the buyer requests a cancellation within the first hour they cannot leave feedback.. but if it is just done though messages, they can.  Did you try to leave feedback by going to your own feedback page?

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Did you try to leave feedback by going to your own feedback page?

Did not. It doesn't work any more probably because I removed the item from my "sold" page. BTW, the buyer didn't pay for the accepted 14 dol. offer, I relisted it and sold the next day for the full 25 dol. price 😄

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Yes, probably the rules changed over time. Will wait 3 days more ..... 🙄

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I was concerned when eBay started calling Dispute (as in Unpaid Item Dispute) "cancellations".

Because while no feedback could be left after a Dispute/UID, a cancellation was regarded as a friendly agreement between buyer and seller that the transaction would not take place.

Feedback would be benign in such a situation.

But apparently, my worry was unneeded and those UID cancellations also prevent leaving feedback.

Sounds like the friendly cancellation allows feedback as before.

devon@ebay   Is that the current situation?

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

I was concerned when eBay started calling Dispute (as in Unpaid Item Dispute) "cancellations".

Because while no feedback could be left after a Dispute/UID, a cancellation was regarded as a friendly agreement between buyer and seller that the transaction would not take place.

But apparently, my worry was unneeded and those UID cancellations also prevent leaving feedback.

Hi @femmefan1946! This is an interesting one with from what I can see. I am not too sure what may have happened but I would recommend @38e_avenue  to reach out to customer support to have a ticket opened up on this. 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

If/when I have had unpaid buyers I get repeated requests to send feedback to right the eBay apple cart. Totally unsure what would be the appropriate response when a customer chooses not to pay whatever the reason.

-Lotz

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I've never left negative feedback for a buyer who didn't pay. I usually block them from future bidding/time wasting and leave it at that. They now have a cancellation mark against them and can be blocked from bidding from other sellers who maybe have that option selected if they do it enough times.

Sometimes my unpaid items are because US buyers don't understand the who US and Canadian funds thing. Why is the amount that showing higher now? (Because they only saw/noticed the US amount).

I once had a US buyer leave feedback, something like "Happy with item but payment and money was confusing". So I wouldn't want to leave message for non-payers (if we even could). Which at least goes along with the "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all".

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@msau4301 wrote:

I've never left negative feedback for a buyer who didn't pay. I usually block them from future bidding/time wasting and leave it at that. They now have a cancellation mark against them and can be blocked from bidding from other sellers who maybe have that option selected if they do it enough times.

Sometimes my unpaid items are because US buyers don't understand the who US and Canadian funds thing. Why is the amount that showing higher now? (Because they only saw/noticed the US amount).

I once had a US buyer leave feedback, something like "Happy with item but payment and money was confusing". So I wouldn't want to leave message for non-payers (if we even could). Which at least goes along with the "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all".

@msau4301 

Mostly the insanity is receiving several reminders from eBay to leave feedback. Just was surprised when I did. The consequences of bots running the roost.

-Lotz

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

I am not too sure what may have happened but I would recommend @38e_avenue  to reach out to customer support to have a ticket opened up on this. 

Since it was a "friendly" cancellation, and the buyer left a positive feedback ("Very reliable and responsive seller. Highly recommended.") there is no need to open a ticket. I created this post because I thought leaving a feedback when there was no transaction, was prohibited. 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

You're right lotz, I have seen those reminders too. The bots at work as you say.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply