A promotion I might be able to use.

http://pages.ebay.ca/promo/LCP/2017/ZIF1000.html

One thousand free listings for Fixed Price.

Invitation only.

Should I wear my formal gown? How about the tiara?

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I've been past my store allotment for four years.

ebay knows I will keep the items active. They only dole these out to sellers they think are sitting on the fence. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

And because every single one of them will sell, you won't have to worry about relisting them next month. Hmmm...Maybe it's a trick?

-CM

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Dang it. 

I was not invited to the ballI was not invited to the ball

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

you get these only when you are using all you are allotted , then they hope you relist at the prices they then charge you when you go over your regular listing amounts..

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I've been past my store allotment for four years.

ebay knows I will keep the items active. They only dole these out to sellers they think are sitting on the fence. 

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

So then I log into my buying account on ebay.com to check some Calculated Shipping workarounds and what do I see there.....? On an account that I will never, ever use to sell.... they're giving promos away like they're going out of style. 

I'm so annoyed.

No, I do not sell from this account. Ever.No, I do not sell from this account. Ever.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Yes I've been pulling a lot of titles -- mostly to revamp them and make them mobile friendly.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

In the past, I let my Buy It Nows end each 30 days to manually relist them.

Then I switched most to GTC with auto-relist on the remaining handful of 30-day BINs and Auctions.

That was the point in time I recall that I stopped getting invited to the sweet, sweet promos here. I put this to Raphael, back in the day, being a cause-and-effect and he assured me that could not possibly be the case. Ahem, cough. Coincidence. 

My anecdotal evidence predates the whole go-for-gusto-switch-to-CAD-orgy-of-promos. That was another matter entirely.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I don't know MJ, I don't use GTC & I have not gotten a listing promo in months. I did get a couple of ones to save on listing fees but wasn't fortunate enough that I qualified for any savings.

As for .com, I list on both & regularly use all my store allotments on .com, I have not gotten one in over a year. Think I may have had 1 since the big switch to "listing in CDN $". I have no idea how they decide to dole them out.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Well, that would be in keeping with the information that Raphael provided. That it was a coincidence and that he had no direct knowledge of the criteria the promo team used to decide who’s invited to what and when.
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

But I haven’t gotten listing promos since the CAD-push ended. That was...? A year ago? 18 months maybe? Maybe the promotions history will show, I’ll check it later and report back if it sheds any light on anything.
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Would be interesting to know. Almost wonder if you have a store then you don't get them? But I do think people who who have stores get them so that likely has nothing to do with it. Just wish they would remember me once in awhile. Would really love one on .com but would settle for .ca. LOL

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

No. I have a store and have had since they were invented in the Bush era.

The actual number of my listings has dropped in the past few months as I was slowly rewriting descriptions. And waiting for the Times Colonist Book Sale to replenish my stock.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Here are my findings

1) If you have USA based account with no store with USA address you always get at least 100 extra promo listings per month and many times more than that.

2) Ever since the CDN push for listings in that currency, I believe CDNs have lost the opportunity to get a com listing promo.  There were a few at the beginning of that era but soon goon shortly after. 

3) As far as the CDN listing promos......Most recently I only get it on one account and it is a store account.

I did not get this recent 1000 listing promo

I miss the days when we could list on CDN site with US dollars as our listed price.  Sales have plummeted ever since.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Likewise
Message 15 of 17
latest reply

I hear you. I miss those days too.

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Unfortunately, this promotional offer is by invitation only.

I'm not invited to the ball this time...
Message 17 of 17
latest reply