Boxing day sales ideas/plans

So I'm mulling over what I'm gonna do for my boxing week plans.

I don't have a store so I can't just apply discounts.

I was thinking of buy one get one half off or for my underperforming items bundle them together to sell as one lot, especially for items that have high shipping costs.

Ideas? Plans?
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

You don't have a store but you have over 200 active listings.. are you doing enough sales, to warrant a store? would the discount in final value fees, and the price you are paying for the extra listings cover the store fees??    just asking...

And as far as boxing day sales.. they really, really don't apply to most ebay sellers. unless you are front page news, you can expect to hear mostly crickets..

Most buyers are hitting the big box stores this time of the year, especially boxing day.... But best of luck to you, with what ever you decide..

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Yeah I've been thinking of getting a store sub again.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Don't forget the shipping supplies coupon.....

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

So I went for the basic store. $4.95 a month, which is about $60 per year. That doubles my free listings and allows me to manage markdown much easier. 

For me that will be the best value based on how much I list. 

Some items in my inventory are old items I'm looking to get rid of, others I have gone to thrift stores and testing waters. So yeah.

Shipping supplies....I have a huge box full of old Amazon and etc boxes and mailers that I recycle. I get tape at the dollar store for $1.50 that covers about 10-20 packages at least.

I don't see the value in the shipping supplies that are sold, plus if I really needed stuff there are fellow sellers here on eBay I would rather buy from and the prices are good.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Are you doing the store via .COM? I just checked and it doesn't seem like there is a $5 store for .CA...
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@zee-chan wrote:
Are you doing the store via .COM? I just checked and it doesn't seem like there is a $5 store for .CA...

The $5 store was introduced late spring 2018 for .COM (along with some higher listing fees and some FVF increases). The new store levels are supposedly coming to .CA sometime in 2019.

eBay.COM stores:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/store-fees?id=4122

ebay.CA (old style store rates):

https://www.ebay.ca/pages/help/sell/storefees.html

-..-

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Yeah. For some reason when I was selecting stores eBay directed me to .COM. Not an issue though as most of the functions of the store work on COM and CA.

On CA, I can create simple discounts like 10% off. When I list on .COM I can have specials like buy one get one 50% off, which works well for some of my items.

So good on both fronts. Some things I will list exclusively on COM, other things will be on CA and via shipping services available on COM too.
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I have no Boxing Day strategy for increasing sales. All that I can hope is that someone gets cash for Christmas and decides there's just one last thing (in my case a toy) that they wanted but didn't get. In the past, I usually do see a few orders placed Christmas Day and Boxing Day that help to pay some of my post-Christmas bills..... so.... fingers crossed? 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I don't see the value in the shipping supplies that are sold,

We get a coupon for shipping supplies, so they are free.

The value of the coupon varies with the type of Store.

The Canada Post boxes are way overpriced, as are all their supplies. They are an impulse item aimed at occasional shippers, who learn at the counter they can't ship a sweater in a supermarket carry bag.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply