Buyer DID NOT PAY FOR NUMEROUS ITEMS OVER BID EVERY BODY...

This buyer---

---- Bought over 50 comics from me -over bid every regular of my buyers, wrote him Email that please pay for first invoice as Ebay only let buyers have 40 items per invoice ----no answere just kept bidding , so I thought maybe first he will finish bidding then he will pay for the first invoice,,did not happen my auctions were done 3 days ago --and buyer 0 communication , yet I see on his feed back he bought from other Sellers and paid? wow I think he changed his mind but then he could of at least , Emailed me that he did, I called Ebay and told them it is not fair that I loose over 50 listings because buyer did not pay ,,I get 250 free listings a month I used it all up and when it gave me an option when I cancelled transaction --Buyer did not pay ,"relist for free, well it did not ,Ebay told me I can do it next month when I get my other 250 free listing,,WELL EBAY IS SO FAIR with buyers that they did not even cancel this buyers account after so many of my unpaid items ,, but they punishing sellers that we loose our free listing BECAUSE BUYER DOES NOT PAY,,GOOD WORK EBAY___THANK YOU KEEP IT UP AND ,,,
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

thats a very strange thing to happen to you iam sorry it did --- its one of the reasons i have a store so when things go south like this and many other situations like this -- i have listings to spare as 250 free listings a month is very little to actually make money with in these econonic times --and at .17c to .25 cent per listing it adds up every month -- a basic store might be better for you as a safety net when things like this happen and you get all those free listings  unless you have less than 100 listings then i would stick to no store - and just roll with it like using tracking and no tracking ---stamps vs post office mailings- it really all a **bleep** shoot someytimes --- hope things get better for you  good luck

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

For the items that he outbid someone you may be able to send a "second chance offer" to those that were runner ups. I'm not sure if it counts as a new listing (to me if it's a second chance it's on the same listing). Not sure if maybe that's a work-around, at least for those that you can send the second chance to (not ones where he was the only bidder).

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Put a Block on the thrill bidder immediately.

Have more than 96 hours passed since the first auction closed?

Open an Unpaid Item Dispute on every. single. one. of those Unpaid purchases.

Now.

He might, possibly, be waiting for the last second to pay.

He does have 96 hours for that.

Do NOT reinvoice him if he has not paid. That gives him another 96 hours!!

Be ready to make that Second Chance Offer to the underbidders.

"You had bid on this comic but lost to a thrill bidder. Because he did not pay for it, or several others, I am able to offer it to you now. I will be relisting this very soon, but wanted to give you the first chance at this Second Chance Offer."

Although the underbidder did bid his maximum, be ready to haggle a little. Human nature.

And go to your Seller Preferences/Buyer Requirements  and put an automatic Block on bidders with Strikes for Unpaid Items.  They will be unable to bid, and you will never see their attempts.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Are you sure Auctions are right for your comics?

If you used FixedPrice they would be visible for 30 days instead of seven, and I notice that you have fewer than five bids on most of your Sold and Ended listings.

Perhaps, and comics are not my field, you would be better to go to Fixed Price, since you have a good idea now of how much your books are going to sell for, and at the moment also Immediate Payment Required.

Since your product can be shipped domestically by Letter Rate, although we are not *supposed* to use Letter Rate for goods to the USA,  you could also add Free Shipping, which means putting your postage and packaging costs into the asking price for the book.

A book that regularly sells for $2.50 with $4.73 shipping would then be listed as $7.23 withFree Shipping -- or at $6.99 or $7.99.  Buyers love anything 'free' evenwhen it isn't.

The reason you can make the price lower would be that I suspect you have a lot of multiple purchases, and combined shipping is cheaper, usually.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Such a mess. Be sure to wait 4-days before cancelling this is why you do not have the 'did not paid' option. When you cancel for not paying the buyers receive an unpaid strike, be sure to do it. With this number of items, he may be supsended if he receive 40 strikes at once That being said you can send second chance offers you may sell a few with that at least. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply