Buyer did not pick up parcel can I get my fees back?

Buyer did not pick up the parcel after being held for 15 days at the Post Office and it was returned to me.

I even phoned and spoke to the customer to tell them that I (the seller) was getting notices that the parcel was not being picked up and they assured me they were going to get it.

Since the sale was not completed, can I get my fees back?

The parcel is back in my possession - I paid $31.44 to ship it and was charged $35.90 to get it (once it arrived back here). Buyer is responsible for both - as set out in my selling policies.

I do not want to report them - unless I have to, I think it was just a (costly) mistake for them.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You will have to refund the buyer fully, before you get the fees back.  This will probably be seen by ebay as a return, which it was.  The good thing is, you got the item back, to resell.  There's nothing we can do about buyers remorse, if that's what happened there.  If you shipped with tracking, buyer can't claim item not received, otherwise they may open a case, so your best option, is to refund asap, then move on.  Cheers.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

It is my understanding that if the buyer fails to pickup their parcel, they are not entitled to a refund under the ebay MoneyBack Guarantee. http://pages.ebay.ca/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html#conditions1

If you do refund the buyer out of courtesy, call ebay Customer Service and have them cancel the sale (without giving you a defect) and then get your fees back. Or try to do it yourself, citing Buyer Changed Mind. Which they clearly did. I hope you have your Communication shown via ebay Messages. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

These 'return to senders' often take quite a bit of time.

If your original transaction has disappeared from your eBay account, go to your Paypal account. It should still be there.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thank you to everyone who replied, I really appreciate the help!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

you can absolutely deduct the return postage for an item not picked up.. it was not your fault. and you are entitled to do a partial refund, including funds you had to pay for receiving the item back.. ..

Message 6 of 6
latest reply