CA-CHING ! cash register sound for sellers

About the 10th of May, as I remember, the eBay app on my older android phone was missing from my home screen, and when I sold something no CA-CHING ! sound of the cash register occurred.

Not knowing why, I attempted to re-load the eBay.ca app, and was greeted by the message of my phone being incompatible with the app.

I then obtained a new Samsung A10e and loaded the eBay.ca app, opened it, and went to selling>settings>notifications>sounds, only to find a myriad of weird outer space sound options, while the default sound was no longer CA-CHING !

Since then, I have sold numerous times but without the CA-CHING !

I phoned eBay, and was told it's my phone, I responded that no, it's the eBay.ca app.

He was American and had the same phone as I, and he checked it and didn't have CA-CHING ! either.

How to get it is a mystery to that eBay guy, me, and only known to eBay I.T. technocrats apparently.

Can anyone help me get the cash register sound back ?

;-Don

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I'm pretty sure that feature has been gone for a while now. You probably had a really old version of the app that still had it.
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

I don't think it's the app. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7. I've kept my Ebay app on my phone updated and I still get the ca-ching sound whenever I sell something.

Personally I think it's a sound byte not available on your phone. Maybe if you found it via the net, downloaded and then configured.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

So I'm checking my app and it says that the app actually provides the sound. I go to selection screen to customize my sound and it shows I have no sound byte selected (yet I still get the ca-ching). The only names I can see the ca-ching might be is "Charming Bell" and "Pure Bell".

For selling notifications I have Auction Updates, Offer Updates and Order Updates all selected.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @do-ca66 - apparently this is a common issue with the Android app that the eBay mobile team has posted about (link here). Their suggestion for the cha-ching sound missing is to sign out of the app, completely uninstall it and then reinstall and sign back in. Signing out of the app first is important. 

I hope that gets it back for you!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Did so twice, still no option for CA-CHING !
Same sound otions, default is the uber-irritating dododudoe.
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@do-ca66 wrote:
Did so twice, still no option for CA-CHING !
Same sound otions, default is the uber-irritating dododudoe.

Maybe you need to set it to the sound byte manually. Ask Tyler or someone from Ebay what the sound byte is called, then set it and wait for the next sale.

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Lost my Ca-Ching too, so I reset my App as well. Don’t know if it works, wouldn’t you know, no sales yet today!

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Hi @do-ca66 - that's definitely unusual. 

Would you mind getting me your mobile operating system and the app version you have installed so I can get it reported further?

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Yes it's a SAMSUNG GALAXY A10e , Model SM-A102W, it's on a monthly plan by KOODO, with 2GB of Canadian Data, and 500minutes.

It's LTE.

Under eBay selling, notifications, custom sounds, there is no Cha-Ching at all.

;-Don Jamieson

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

do-ca 66,

I recommend you remove your real name, your phone service provider, your paid plan and your IP address. Seller Central can be read by sellers, buyers, and anyone who doesn't have an Ebay account.You're putting your privacy in jeopardy (as well as opening yourself to hack attacks).

P.S. your Ebay app version should be in settings, then under "About". For example my app version is 6.1.1.20.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

That's a waste of time, the cha-ching never appears to be selected.
The eBay.ca app, as I am Canadian, once loaded onto my phone does not in the apps settings have the cash register sound in the options.
Just a bunch of irritating options for notifications.
aThe cha-ching is no longer an option, were it was the default setting.
It's clearly not in the eBay.ca app, and not the fault of my phone.
Can no one at eBay admit to this blunder, and simply add the proper sound back into the app ?
Or chuck all the nonsense sounds they apply now and return the sound settings we had before ?
Who is actually in charge of this at eBay.ca ?
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Welcome to the disappointment app.ca.

Don

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Well Tyler I did just that, and have heard nothing back from you.
This is rocket science or brain surgery, which ?
I simply want eBay.ca app to include the cash register sound in it's notifications > sounds settings, which it clearly does not have..
Another day goes by without satisfaction in this seemingly simple request.
😞
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

First of all, no you didn't. He asked for your Android OS version and eBay app version, not your cell phone model and data plan. You should probably try to be more polite when asking for help about things you don't understand.

Just for the record, I'm running  eBay app 6.1.1.20 on Android 8.1.0 and I still get the cha chings and I haven't had to mess with any settings.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply