.CA question... display up to 12 supersized images with zoom

I've broken my almost 20 year ".COM" only listing rule, and am currently running some experimental .CA lots to see what happens. (much to my surprise the views on them seem to be very strong)

This option is always automagically clicked on the .CA sell your item form:

"Display up to 12 supersized images with zoom with Picture Pack(fees may apply)"

There is no such thing on .COM land selling form.

My medium old brain seems to remember someone a long time ago saying this has always been the way on .CA and that it never has been charged for before, nor is it likely to.

I ask because my medium old brain likes to forget to unclick the blasted thing and I worry that someday I'm going to start paying 20c or whatever each month when the GTCs renew....

Hopefully someone with a better recall than me remembers!!!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Picture Pack is free, you need it enabled for Zoom in the gallery to work (or at least at one time you did).

I'm not 100% sure but I think on .com Picture Pack is the default, maybe on .ca it isn't.

I list using SixBit to .ca and have always selected the Picture Pack option but I don't know much more about it because I haven't used SYI to list in 18 years!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Hmm that is interesting, I wondered about that, the ones that I have running that I turned it off allow me to zoom, so it probably turns it back on again when it lists.

I noticed that if I go to revise an item, it is ticked again so that supports the idea that it doesn't matter what I do, it automagically turns it on anyway as well.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Good luck with your ebay.ca experiment! 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I'm feeling like a split personality kinda guy now, I'm zipping between sites, good thing they tend to look pretty different, already listed one lot on the wrong site before I realized.....
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

My curiosity got the better of me on this subject not too long ago . The whole idea of picture pak as described on the listing form bothered me since the zoom stopped working as far as I could tell... still doesn't. At least on Windows 10 using chrome or Firefox it doesn't. If I hover over a gallery image when using Edge it will zoom. The zoom when hovering when using Chrome quit working maybe a year ago. Anyone else experiencing this?
Another thing.... there is no information whatsoever in the ebay.ca help files regarding picture pak, it's almost like it doesn't exist EXCEPT in relation to ebay motors. There's a help file describing picture pak if you're selling a car.....

Confused in Ontario.... is zoom when hovering over an image Picture Pak or is that some other feature?
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

It's the currency that fools me.

The number of times I've dashed back to revise (and raise) prices on dotCA.... well it's just embarrassing.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

For me it is the timing of scheduled listings, I keep forgetting that the .CA stuff is in EST, realized last night at 7pm instead of 10pm when they all started that I did it again...

Also discovered I can't bulk edit .CA stuff from my .COM myebay which makes sense however I can't find a way to bulk edit anything on .CA myebay so that's a pain.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

On .ca I'm pretty sure that you need to be subscribed to Selling Manager in order to bulk edit. The free version is enough, unless you require some of the paid versions other features.
Message 9 of 9
latest reply