Can I leave my managed payments and not have them put in my bank?

I am going away for a couple of months and although I won't be selling anything I will still have to pay the monthly store fee.  Can I leave my Dec payments in and not have them deposited until I get back.  That should cover the months I am away. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

@musicyouneed wrote:

I am going away for a couple of months and although I won't be selling anything I will still have to pay the monthly store fee.  Can I leave my Dec payments in and not have them deposited until I get back.  That should cover the months I am away. 

@musicyouneed 

Unfortunately no. If you have funds there they will come out automatically on the first Tuesday of the month. Normally my fees come out on the 3rd. Last month for some unknown reason it changed to the the 1st. So who knows for this month. If/when you do not have a balance you will get a message about any fees and possibly a chance to pay directly from your 2nd source...Chequeing or CC. I have only seen this show up as an option on 1 occasion. It went away when i inadvertently had a sale and a balance so that charges could be pulled from it immediately. Dot com has additional options but there has been no timeline as to when or if they will ever arrive for Canadians. Unfortunately fees are on eBay's schedule.

devon@ebay 

Are you able to address if there is a process in place  for sellers to manually pay fees please and select a method per time? Or is it possible it works 1 way on com and another on ca?

-Lotz

As a side I have the same annoyance with eBay labels. This was NEVER a concern with Shippo and PayPal. Funds were held there for your convenience. To use when YOU needed.  Now you have to hope/pray to have fundsavailable at all times due to the whimsical schedule for them being processed?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Can you switch your bank transfers from the default weekly to monthly?
That would mean eBay is only going to your bank once a month for their fees rather than four or five times.

Does your bank consider this a payment like your household hydro payment and just allow the withdrawal automatically? Or does it consider the payment a "bounced cheque" and charge a fee?

Do you have a dedicated account for eBay?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I already do monthly bank transfers.   It is a US account in a Canadian bank.  The money for the store in in Cdn $, so I don't know if that will cause any issues.  Sure would be nice if we could change being paid in Canadian rather then in US funds.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I think we had that choice when we set up our MP accounts- to have our payments transferred to a USD account in our Canadian bank or to a Cdn dollar account in a Canadian bank- but once we made the decision it would be irrevocable.

I seem to remember working out which cost less, since there would be currency exchange no matter what, and went with loonies.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Yup, one way call when set up.  

Message 6 of 6
latest reply