Can I send a game console to sweden? via canada post

I was unaware that the console had a battery in it (Nintendo GameCube) The box came back to me refused for air transport. The lady on the phone was quite rude and didn't exactly clarify things for me. Can I try to resend making sure that it goes by boat? Or should I issue the buyer a refund now. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

If you decide to cancel, the reason should be "problem with address".

Otherwise you may get a Defect and no one needs that.

The battery is lithium? Those do require specialized packaging, but I have not idea what that might be.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@zeek1301 

Messaged directly.

Rules for Lithium batteries attached.

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGabcmail-e.asp

-Lotz

PS. With new board set up there are major issues with including photos and links.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

@femmefan1946 

According to the Canada post guidelines permitted to USA/Canada with packaging rules. Not permitted for shipping internationally.

-Lotz

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I'm not familiar with the rules but even if you can send it by boat, I think that you should apologize to your buyer and refund.  It could take months by boat and buyers only have 30 days after estimated delivery date to file an ebay item not received claim so there is a good chance that they would file it while the item was still in transit. You would have to refund in that situation and not be guaranteed that the buyer would repay you when they received it.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Fortunately, the OP does have the item back.  So refunding should be easy enough. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

If you decide to cancel, the reason should be "problem with address".

Otherwise you may get a Defect and no one needs that.

The battery is lithium? Those do require specialized packaging, but I have not idea what that might be.

@zeek1301 

If it was acceptable to the buyer the OP could ship with battery not included(If it's something they really want) and then buy battery locally. Discount negotiable. Some buyers can be very accommodating in situations like that.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

For any sellers selling anything Canada or USA that has batteries included, its a good habit to get into to remove and include separately in the pkg. Tape together reversed and tape contacts. Reduces the chance of them making a circuit orthe product being shipped accidentally turning on during its journey.

-Lotz

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dont send it by boat youll get a claim for item not recived for sure. It might arrive in 3 months.

Assuming you lost the cost of shipping for the attempted shipping, honestly I would cancel the item as a problem the buyers address(no defect), send him a message saying you attemped shipping and it was returned due to ?? canada post not acepting shipping to this location wich they are not anyways, suprised you could even get a label due to international restrictions.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply