Can't bulk list promoted - "There was a problem promoting your listing. Please try again."

Anyone else having trouble bulk promoting their listings?  Tried like 5 times and get the following message in red:-  "There was a problem promoting your listing. Please try again."  Yet another ebay glitch?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Can't bulk list promoted - "There was a problem promoting your listing. Please try again."

I've been relisting one at a time and have noticed that the number of dotCA listings that are actually being Promoted is stuck at six, although I have relisted about 150 with PL.

I guess we'll have to adk tyler@ebay   on Wednesday.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Hi @femmefan1946 - would you elaborate on that a bit? Do you mean you're only seeing 6 Promoted Listings per search result page or that only 6 of your 150 submitted Promoted Listings are showing up as active within your campaign?

Tyler,
eBay
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @forester_studios - how many listings were you trying to add at a time? 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@forester_studios 

Noticed awhile ago that if you end a listing that was previously promoted when you try to relist using sell similar or relist it will not let your promote at that step. You get an error message. You need to go back to Promotions and re-add/redo. Annoying but maybe how it was designed. If you have a GTC'd listing with added features it adds those each time it re-news.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

I mean that of the dotCA book listings I have relisted (actually Sell Similar) over the past two weeks  (since the 28th) most if not all have told me that the Promoted Listing did not "take".  Most of these already had PL, a few I added PL.

When I started I had 6 PL on my summary page and this number has not changed.

I've had no such problem with the dotCOM listings.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

It makes no difference how many I add. It can be one, or 25, or 200. The result is the same, an error message in red lettering.
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Thanks for getting me that information @forester_studios! I'll get it reported for review.  

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Hi @forester_studios - my tech team has asked if there's any way you can get me an example item number and a screenshot of the error you're encountering, so they can further review. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Don't have item numbers. Have two screen shots. How do I post them here?
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@forester_studios wrote:
Don't have item numbers. Have two screen shots. How do I post them here?

click on the photo icon when posting a reply (png or jpg image files)click on the photo icon when posting a reply (png or jpg image files)

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I've found a workaround.

I started a new promotion (the previous one was begun last November) and manually added 25 titles to it.

Seems to work.

Shouldn't have to do that though.

I notice on my dotCOM promotions I have about five promotions going, mostly because I am a technodolt and couldn't figure out that I didn't need to, until I did.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Here's a screen shotFireShot Capture 014 - Manage active listings - www.ebay.ca.png.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Thanks so much! I just tried your solution and it worked.
Message 14 of 14
latest reply