Can’t find item i’ve posted when i search

I’m getting frustrated. I randomly audit my ads to ensure they are coming up, that key word searches work, and to assess competition.

Today i type in ‘Lego batman city cycle’ in the search bar find my ad titled: ‘LEGO 76053 Gotham City Cycle Chase Batman Harley Quinn Deadshot 99.99% Complete‘. The results that came back didnr have my item. Except when i scrolled all the way down where it says ‘Results using fewer words’.

This baffles me. All of the words im using are in the title. And even when i capitalize LEGO and/or replace batman with gotham, i get the same result. This tells me i’m being buried and my customer are not able to fairly view my items.

What is going on and how do i fix this issues?

TIA, Glen
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

When I searched Lego Gotham City Cycle your item came up first in best match. When I tried a couple of variation using Batman in the search, your item came up under 'listings with fewer words' so my guess is that the problem is where you have Batman in your title...near the end.

The name on the box is Lego Batman Gotham City Cycle Chase so I would probably use that as the first words in my title.  If buyers tend to search using the model no. I would probably put that next.

It isn't always easy to figure out search terms buyers use and what ebay thinks is important so sometimes you have to play with the title. I don't know how accurate it is but I have read that ebay tends to look at the first few words in the title rather than the whole title.  Keep in mind too that the search is supposedly 'intelligent' so what I see may not be what you see as we tend to search for different things.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks i’ll try that
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Yes that worked. I was completely incorrect about the irrelevance of where the words are placed in title of the ad. I thought that when you typed words in the search, they act as key words and trigger ad results, regardless of the order the words were placed in the search.
Message 4 of 4
latest reply