Can't seem to get views on my items and can't seem to sell them

Sales down 50% since 2107. Have revised my ebay listings several times and still can not get on Ebay.com BEST MATCH. US Buyer are 96% of my sales. We have 900 Ebay.ca and 900 Ebay.com listings in both dollars. Considering Crazylister help to fix. Any advise ?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't seem to get views on my items and can't seem to sell them

Generally I think it is better to have the most important stuff up front, ie wallpaper borders is at the end when it should probably be at the start of your title descriptions.

Having said this if I search calico borders or victorian borders yours comes up first.

Check your competitors and see what they are selling/doing that is probably the best way to start. If you can find a different way than they use that will be better, until they copy you of course.

It will also tell you how much stuff is selling overall, there may be reduced overall demand....

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Generally I think it is better to have the most important stuff up front, ie wallpaper borders is at the end when it should probably be at the start of your title descriptions.

Having said this if I search calico borders or victorian borders yours comes up first.

Check your competitors and see what they are selling/doing that is probably the best way to start. If you can find a different way than they use that will be better, until they copy you of course.

It will also tell you how much stuff is selling overall, there may be reduced overall demand....

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

PS how much did the use of the time machine cost? I'm surprised ebay's still around in 2107, wonders never cease!!! wink

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

In the year 2107 it will only be available in whatever form a museum is in at that time. Some sort of advanced virtual experience and as you leave, rolling in hysterics saying really, really, alot!!! hear_no_evilsee_no_evilspeak_no_evil

-CM

PS. Sorry, that was too easy!!!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

You may be able to get your recent neg removed since it is obviously an error. That may be part of the problem.

While Best Match is the default Search, many buyers prefer Ending Soonest, which is why it is suggested that we have items opening every day , which is something you are doing already.

Going only by feedback, your sales have dropped from an average of over 200 a month to about 30. (I notice you leave much more FB than you get, a problem we all face,sigh.)  I wonder if your product line might be the basic problem? Borders have not been particularly fashionable for some time.

On the bright side, wallpaper is making a big comeback in  decorating magazines and programmes.  Unfortunately it is very heavy to ship.

Have you looked at your listings on a smartphone? What is and is not seen can be shocking.

Your US shipments go out by USPS every Wednesday. Is this a problem with American buyers who tend to be very impatient? Is it worth your while to increase your border runs?

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Wallpaper Borders are impossible to buy at Retail Stores and at price 4 times price in internet. Still popular in Traditional. Country and Children Rooms.  26,000 listing under Wallpaper Borders. Many of my competitors sale have not fallen as much. I think the decline started when I revised my listing to new ebay policies starting in Jan, 2018 - thanks billchrest

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@billchrests wrote:

Wallpaper Borders are impossible to buy at Retail Stores and at price 4 times price in internet. Still popular in Traditional. Country and Children Rooms.  26,000 listing under Wallpaper Borders. Many of my competitors sale have not fallen as much. I think the decline started when I revised my listing to new ebay policies starting in Jan, 2018 - thanks billchrest

Which of ebay's new policies are you referring to?

Message 7 of 7
latest reply