Can you create coupon codes with a .ca store subscription, or only .com?

Question in title. I don't have a store, but am doing some research on whether one would work for me or not.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I don't think that it has anything to do with which site your subscription is on.  Most perks are based on which site you list on.  I have a .ca store and do some listing on .com. When I go to Marketing on .com, I do see the option to send coupons but I've never tried to use it. I suspect that it would be available only with items listed on .com.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z0PozNZ_CI

At 3:23 he clicks a button to create a coupon where he can assign discounts, $ off, etc... That is the button I'm interested in.

Does that button not show for store subscribers on dot ca?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I don't see it on .ca. The page that comes up for marketing on .ca is totally different than on .com.  I don't see anything about creating a coupon when I am on .ca, only on .com.  Perhaps there is some convulated way to find it but I certainly don't see the option.    Perhaps another seller with a store can confirm that there is no option for coupons on .ca. @lotzofuniquegoodies 

But again, I think that someone with a .ca store could still use the coupon function on .com for listings on .com.   Keep in mind that a .ca is less expensive dollar wise. A month to month basic store on .ca $25.95 C. A basic store on .com $27.95US.    I didn't realize that we would also be getting the extra 10,000 listings on .ca with a basic store but it looks as if we do so .ca does seem like a better deal.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

I don't see it on .ca. The page that comes up for marketing on .ca is totally different than on .com.  I don't see anything about creating a coupon when I am on .ca, only on .com.  Perhaps there is some convulated way to find it but I certainly don't see the option.    Perhaps another seller with a store can confirm that there is no option for coupons on .ca. @lotzofuniquegoodies 

But again, I think that someone with a .ca store could still use the coupon function on .com for listings on .com.   Keep in mind that a .ca is less expensive dollar wise. A month to month basic store on .ca $25.95 C. A basic store on .com $27.95US.    I didn't realize that we would also be getting the extra 10,000 listings on .ca with a basic store but it looks as if we do so .ca does seem like a better deal.

@canada_goose_whisperer 

As I recall,  per Tyler it was possibly down the road for dot ca but no timeline. Haven't seen or heard a peep about anything further. Only saw it by accident on my dot com page. Never tested. Have a small quantity of listings on the US site and wasn't sure if it  applied to listing created on dot com or could be used cross platform.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

No.  the feature exists only on the US site.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @canada_goose_whisperer - coded coupons and other marketing tools aside from Promoted Listings and Markdown Manager are not available on eBay Canada. 

PJ and Lotz are correct that the site you list with determines if you see the options or not (not where your subscription is opened). If you list items on .com, you should see those marketing tools available for your .com listings. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 7
latest reply