Canada Post International Parcel Air tracking and insurance

ay656
Community Member

Canada Post International Parcel Air according to Canada Post:

-> does not have tracking

-> has $100 insurance (can even buy more)

How is it possible to get insurance without tracking?

If the buyer doesn't receive the item, how do I claim the lost parcel? Since there's no tracking, how long do I need to wait until I can claim? Do they refund the full cost of the item plus shipping? Has anyone ever tried these claims and received a refund?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Small Packets Air Mail or small Packed Surface doesn’t have tracking.

Tracked Packet does.

Air Parcel does.

Surface Parcel also does but it’s too slow for eBay sellers.

Xpresspost and/Priority does.

Not all services are Available to all locations.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

ay656
Community Member

@momcqueen wrote:

Air Parcel does.

According to Canada Post they don't:

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGpsus_int-e.asp

Scroll down to "table 4".

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

International Parcel Air is only available to locations where Xpresspost service is not. 

It does come with tracking, and yes you can purchase up to $1,000.00 insurance on the item. 

Surprisingly, depending on the weight of the parcel, and the value, Priority International can often be rather close in terms of cost to Int'l Parcel -Air.  I just don't think that you can print those labels out online?  Maybe someone knows better.  

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I'm not sure how it works now but last time I checked, you could only print international air / surface online if you had a commercial account and used EST online.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Those of us who’ve used it International Parcel Air and (International Parcel Surface) can attest it is tracked.

One of us will have to call the Canada Post 1-800-number to see the reason the published information in Table 4 contradicts that.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I use been using Intl Air with Shippo since it started. Most International customers will not pay for tracked service on low value items. Have not offered Intl Ground in years. Hoping more will choose tracked with the new weight options.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Or Shippo?  Hardly ever use it but it does come in handy.  

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

I use been using Intl Air with Shippo since it started. Most International customers will not pay for tracked service on low value items. Have not offered Intl Ground in years. Hoping more will choose tracked with the new weight options.

-Lotz

International Air is about the same cost as Xpresspost so I suspect that you are referring to small packet international air, not the product that I'm referring to.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Yes, to clarify, I was referring to International Small Packet Air service. I've yet to come across a situation where I considered International Parcel Air either reasonable or available option for shipping my items. For International I only offer International Small Packet, International Tracked and Xpresspost - When warranted for higher value/heavier items.

-Lotz

PS. Recent experiences with Intl Small Packet Air to the majority of Europe/Australia in just over 10 business days and Tracked quite often under 10 business days.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

It’s always been odd to me that the services have names so similar it’s almost impossible not to confuse them.
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

It's always baffled me why all services are available at Canadapost but the list varies between Shippo and Paypal. And let's not even get started on the confusion caused by available add-on services at the counter.

-Lotz

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Other than Paypal not adding all of the countries that TP is available to, how do the services vary between sites?

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@ay656 wrote:

@momcqueen wrote:
Air Parcel does.

According to Canada Post they don't:

https://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGpsus_int-e.asp

Scroll down to "table 4".

According to the 2019 Parcel Services Guide -- International Parcel does have partial tracking.

2019 CPC Intl features.png

2019 CPC Intl features 2.png

Message 14 of 14
latest reply