5 REPLIES 5

Canada Post 'Outage' Scheduled for the weekend

Someone more knowledgable than me might be able to explain how EST is unavailable during the outage but EST2.0 will be fine, as indicated in the fine print. Is the latter the version used by conglomerates and corporations? 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/products/details.page?article=free_shipping_softwa

"EST 2.0 is a desktop shipping application designed for companies with complex shipping requirements and multiple users."

So, as I understand it, EST Online is the platform on the website and EST 2.0 is a program you download to your computers.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

As I suspected. So then EST2.0 would be the version of communication with Canada Post such as ebay uses, or some form thereof?

In other words, this doesn't affect ebay or shippo or paypal. But if we wanted to print a label directly with Canada Post in the early morning hours it may?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

As I suspected. So then EST2.0 would be the version of communication with Canada Post such as ebay uses, or some form thereof?

In other words, this doesn't affect ebay or shippo or paypal. But if we wanted to print a label directly with Canada Post in the early morning hours it may?

Not quite. EST is an application. 2.0 is what some commercial customers are using, but for accounts like ebay and their related providers, they interface with Canada Post through their API which can be thought of as a more direct way of communicating back and forth with Canada Post when the other party is using their own application. When there is a scheduled outage that would effect that, it would be posted here.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you. I see there is maintenance scheduled for that here as well.

Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 7.57.58 PM.png

Message 6 of 6
latest reply