Canada Post Solutions for Small Business questions

Prior to eBay moving to Shippo, I never had a Solutions for Small Business number since I didn't need one. Any labels I needed I did through PayPal, which I always understood to have better discounts. Now that both Shippo and PayPal seem to require one to use, I signed up for one through Shippo when I created an account there. I have a couple questions which I figured someone here might be able to answer, before attempting to contact Canada Post.

1. When I signed up, I was sent a confirmation email from Canada Post which also included a printable card. I remember back when it was VentureOne a physical card was sent (someone I know had one), but I don't know what it's like now. The email never said one was coming, though even if one was it would be far too early for it to arrive already. Should I be expecting a physical card in the mail at some point, or have times changed and it's now just a card you print?

2. The confirmation email also mentioned that I needed to create a username and password on their website to use with the number. I already have a Canada Post account on their website that I created a while ago, but it is a personal account. (When asked if it would be used for business, I selected "no" because I figured since I'm not a registered business and I didn't need a Solutions number at the time, I didn't need to select "yes".) Is there a way to link my Solutions number to my already existing personal account to make it a business account, or should I just create a new account for the purposes of using Solutions?

Thanks, as always!

P.S. This is my first time creating a post on my phone, so please excuse any errors or formatting wonkiness.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The printable card is temporary until you receive a physical one in the mail.  

Keep things simple, delete the personal account and create a new business account that can be linked to your card. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

The printable card is temporary until you receive a physical one in the mail.  

Keep things simple, delete the personal account and create a new business account that can be linked to your card. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thanks. I figured it was temporary, but the lack of information about that in the confirmation email made me wonder.

I'm considering that, but if I delete the personal account does that username become available to reuse? I know it's a minor thing, but I like having consistent usernames across different sites.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I'm not sure, I would phone Canada Post CS and ask.... you can even set-up the account while your on the phone. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Even if I can't it's not a big deal. I might just set up a separate account for Solutions anyways. I'll sleep on it and decide tomorrow.

Thanks again for the help.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Actually, I doubt you will be able to re-use the same username twice.... 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I don't think so either, which is why I've decided to keep the personal account and just create a new account for Solutions with a slightly different name. I'll survive.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

drj35a9
Community Member

I just got a card from Canada Post too, regarding Solutions for Small Business. However, does it really matter if your account is personal or business? Reason why I'm asking is because I do sell here quite frequently.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I’m not  totally sure what you’re asking but private individuals can use a small business number so that they receive discounts on some services when they print labels online through Shippo, PayPal and Snapship. The discount can increase if you spend a specific amount.  

Shippo has a slightly larger discount for items sold on eBay on some services.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply