Closing then re-opening store

Just wanted to share a little something I hope will be useful & save you all some money!

I have 2 stores (one Premium Yearly & one Basic yearly). My Basic store yearly contract ends on Sept 1. I wanted to make a change now that there's no more early termination fee, though I was not exactly sure what I'd do. I was leaning towards upgrading to a Premium monthly to see how it goes. But I didn't want to get a shocking & confusing 1st invoice with pro-rated this & that (I always feel as though I'm getting ripped off somehow if I make a change on the "wrong date" of the month. So, last week, I decided to close my store and re-open it on a date that makes sense for me (Aug 30th).

Then, this morning, I was greeted by a pleasant surprise from eBay (for once!) I received a promotion invitation: If i re-open my store, I get 50% off my monthly subscription fee for 3 months. What's more, I don't have to sign up for a yearly plan, the promo also applies to month-to-month plans, and applies to any store level. Now this is a worthwhile promotion, I'm going to save a lot of $ on this one! Thank you eBay (for once I'm not being sarcastic!)

Moral of the story, if your yearly subscription is about to end (once you're out of the early termination fee period), even if you plan on continuing for another year, just close your store/cancel your subscription and I bet eBay will give you something good to "bring you back!" You have 1 month from the date you close to re-open with no changes/impact such as losing your URL, so you won't lose anything by giving this a try! Yeyyy I save money! I save money!
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Closing then re-opening store

So you don't loose your store name either?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

No, you don't lose your store name, your URL, your listings, your categories, your "unused listing allotment for the month", nothing! Everything stays exactly the same for 30 days, that's how long you have to "change your mind" and re-open without changes!
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Cool! I wonder if it works when your store is not a yearly subscription though (it is what I have).

Message 4 of 4
latest reply