Could someone please fix the return policy for Collectibles?

This is getting really annoying.

Keep getting a warning when I relist because I have 14 day buyer pays policy which is ALLOWED in this category.

Can't list any NEW items with the correct (allowed) 14 day policy because the drop down only allows 30 or 60 days.

Thank you

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

This is a community board which most other people reading are fellow sellers.

But... @happy_pigeon might be able to help.
Message 2 of 16
latest reply

OP lists on eBay.com.

The 14-day option is no longer available on eBay.com.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

The op lists on .ca.  The collectible category and some other categories do allow 14 day returns as per the seller updates.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

When OP's listings are each viewed, the price is in US dollars.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

They have listings on both sites as some are in $C.  It looks like the issue has been fixed as there are 14 day returns on the listings that I checked,

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

No. It hasn't been fixed on the Canadian listings. I've just ignored the warning when relisting. On the dot com site there's not a problem.

ebay needs to fix this before August and I'd also like to list some new ones with the allowed 14 day buyer pays returns option.
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

I will have the PMs take a look... thanks all...

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

STILL can't list as 14 day returns on Collectibles.

I can leave relists where I get the "warning" it's deprecated, but can't list NEW ones, or change old ones back to 14 - only options are 30 day or 60 day.
Message 9 of 16
latest reply

@great_junque_finds wrote:

I can leave relists where I get the "warning" it's deprecated, but can't list NEW ones, or change old ones back to 14 - only options are 30 day or 60 day.

tyler@ebay

This has been a problem since July. I don't know if the other categories that allow a 14 day returns work on this site but apparently collectibles still doesn't.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

tyler@ebay

This has been a problem since July. I don't know if the other categories that allow a 14 day returns work on this site but apparently collectibles still doesn't.

Hi @pjcdn2005 - thanks for the reminder on this. I'll see if I can get an update from the PMs on this!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

tyler@ebay

So I'm NOW getting warning messages from ebay (in my ebay message box) about the ones they claim "have an unsupported returns policy" - namely any I left as the 14 days returns under collectibles category. This is beyond ridiculous.

I'd like some clarification ASAP as to whether or not Canada is allowing 14 day returns under the Collectobles category (like the USA site is) or not.

Thanks

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

I'm getting those for some 15 listings that I've not bothered to check to fix too. My big plan is to ignore the messages until I cannot actually work on the listing anymore and then address it. Priorities.

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

tyler@ebay

So I'm NOW getting warning messages from ebay (in my ebay message box) about the ones they claim "have an unsupported returns policy" - namely any I left as the 14 days returns under collectibles category. This is beyond ridiculous.

I'd like some clarification ASAP as to whether or not Canada is allowing 14 day returns under the Collectobles category (like the USA site is) or not.

Thanks

Hi @great_junque_finds - thanks for keeping me updated. I'm still waiting on clarification on this from the project managers involved, I appreciate your patience on this!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Hi @great_junque_finds - I was able to get clarification on this:

We’ve now discovered the source of the issue that’s preventing certain categories from allowing 14-day returns as was specified in our Spring Seller Update. We are currently working to correct the issue and anticipate a resolution in the coming year. In the meantime, you may continue to experience errors when attempting to specify a 14-day return option or receive reminder emails about this return duration.  We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to have this restored as soon as possible.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 16
latest reply

OMG - We have to wait until next year?

I guess I'll have to try using sell similar on the ones that still have a 14 day return so I'm not stuck listing new ones as 30 day returns over the holidays.
Message 16 of 16
latest reply