Delivery times and what I see and what buyers see after the fact and defects

I looked at a couple of my listings and see many variations of shipping times when I use the same selections.

All show the US being shorter than domestic.

On Canada shows as 6 - 13 and 3 - 17   -   why the difference, who know

On US shows 7 - 12 and varies    -   again, why the difference

Now why is Ebay's last date shorter for US than for Canada when it has to go to a different country and clear customs?

No wonder more late defects from the US, it is a set up by Ebay as far as I am concerned.

Has anyone else checked their listings if they sell to US and Canada?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

This listing, number 262820468494 shows me:

Canada (Toronto) 3 - 17 days (shown in days when viewed on .ca)

USA (Chicago) 10 - 19 days (shown in dates when viewed on .com)

So I'm not seeing shorter times to the USA for this listing.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I haven't gone thru all of your listings but is it the service you are using? I do see shorter USA shipping times for this particular listing: 391705751085

ship1.PNG

ship2.PNG

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I thought for some reason they had an "economy" option for the USA that had longer delivery estimates but I don't see it in the shipping options anymore/right now if I try to revise one of my own listings just to see what comes up... but I do remember this being a problem back when we had weekly chat sessions that delivery times were all over the place and I think showing as shorter to USA than within Canada....

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@themodernowl wrote:

I haven't gone thru all of your listings but is it the service you are using? I do see shorter USA shipping times for this particular listing: 391705751085

When I look at that one on the American site as an American  I see March 8 as the 'outside' delivery date, so 17 days.

lol!  Very strange. 

ship time.jpg

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Well there you go ... while I do try to check my listings from a buyer's point of view after I have listed them to see what boo-boo's I might have made I never log into ebay.com to see what a "US buyer" sees for $$ and shipping times ... does that mean if a US registered buyer logs into .ca they will see a shorter shipping time and could possibly open an INR claim sooner then? 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@themodernowl wrote:

Well there you go ... while I do try to check my listings from a buyer's point of view after I have listed them to see what boo-boo's I might have made I never log into ebay.com to see what a "US buyer" sees for $$ and shipping times ... does that mean if a US registered buyer logs into .ca they will see a shorter shipping time and could possibly open an INR claim sooner then? 

No idea.   🙂  

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@themodernowl wrote:

Well there you go ... while I do try to check my listings from a buyer's point of view after I have listed them to see -boo's I might have made I never log into ebay.com to see what a "US buyer" sees for $$ and shipping times ... does that mean if a US registered buyer logs into .ca they will see a shorter shipping time and could possibly open an INR claim sooner then? 

No. the difference is that on .com a buyer will see a range of dates such as march 1-8.  On ,ca they'll see a range of days such as 5-10 business days but the date on the order details for that particular listing will be the same on both sites.

the difference comes when they are listing on 2 different sites because the services shown will be different. A US  buyer may see estimated delivery of 10 days on my items listed on .ca and for 9  days on my .com listings. (Not actual numbers, just examples)

Message 8 of 8
latest reply