Did anyone activate the 50,000 good till canceled offer?

I activated it, and now I see a real problem. All my new listings and the relists from my store are going into that offer. I send an email to eBay, but it's hard to understand but I think it can be a problem to anyone who has activated it. Here is the reply that I received.

"I see that you have activated this promotion last 03/23/20 15:27:40 PDT since this is a promotion the system will prioritize this over the free listing you have in your Premium store subscription. The only time that your free listings will be used is if you have used all the free listings in this promotion.

Now, I understand that when the offer closed by Apr 30  that you will pay for the regular items once they got relisted. For this, remember that the item you've listed are Good till canceled format, this means that if the item will not sell after the a month it will be relisted on the same day next month.

For example, if you list an item last Mar 23, 2020 if the item will not sell the item will renewed on the next month by Apr 23, 2020. If you don't want to be charged for the insertion fee for the item, you need to end the item before it got relisted.

Besides, you will be charged for insertion fees only if you go beyond the 1000 fixed price listings in your Premium store subscription."

This looks so complicated to me, I don't know when to cancel my listings, if I do it now and then relist, they will go straight into that 50,000 offer. I wish I had never activated it!

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

No, nor shall I ...

... it is a "hollow" gift of irrelevant "value" given by eBay to keep "inventory" on the site. Nothing more, nothing less...

...eBay actually "waiving" fees would help the majority who lack the $$$ to weather this through & would show real "support" for their members.

Free Listings mean nothing if the "masses" do not have the $$$ to spend on those wonderful "Free" listings, not to mention the "work" to set them up, no thanks...

Basic Incomes for EVERY Citizen...

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

Brett: That will be the last time for me. I just thought if I did actually fill my 1,000 store listings, I could then list a few more on this offer. I had no idea of the twists and turns it involved.

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

...eBay likes to throw out the "hooks" with very "vague/ambiguous/confusing" details...

...to be debated here on the "Community "

I stopped "activating" all eBay offers and tests for a reason, but it makes for good reading each time on here...

Message 23 of 23
latest reply