Does it make sense to have a store if my eBay.com items don't show because of non shipping to ca.

I've been back for a couple months and have been trying different ways to sell. First only selling to Canadians. Next selling both US and Canada. Now I have items with no Canadian shipping. Thinking it would  solve the Canadian's being upset because of paying for a higher dollar with a higher ship than the US. But if these items are not showing up in my store why have a store? Nothing seems to be working so far for me.

Thanks for listening.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Does it make sense to have a store if my eBay.com items don't show because of non shipping to ca.

You can ship to Canada even if your listing is on dotCOM and to the USA even if your listing is on dotCA.

Thinking it would  solve the Canadian's being upset because of paying for a higher dollar with a higher ship than the US.

Not every sale is worth having.

If you are getting messages saying that your asking or shipping costs are too high, put the questioner on your Blocked Bidder List and move on.

They will never be reasonable sensible buyers.

Your store will have both the items that are listed on dotCA and the items that are listed on dotCOM.

In Search, all items will appear in the currency used by the site the customer is on. That is, on dotCOM the customer (no matter whether he is in Canada, Australia or Brazil) will see prices in Search in US dollars.

When he clicks on a particular listing, one that was originally listed on dotCA, he will see both currencies.

Admittedly this does throw some American bidders, but it doesn't seem to bother any one else.

You can see this in action on my ID, because I list in both currencies.

The reason is shipping.

Items that can ship for LetterRate/Light Packet are Flat Rated and listed on dotCOM.

Other bulkier items that need the flexibility of parcel rates I keep on dotCA, where I can use Canada Post Calculated Shipping.

The reasons for a Store, to my mind, are;

• Vacation Mode
  • Lower listing costs (not free, because we are paying that monthly rental)
  • Ability to make our own sub-categories

None of which has anything to do with where I list or shipping costs.

Are you able to take advantage of freight forwarders like chitchatexpress in Toronto or Vancouver?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@collectablejeff wrote:

I've been back for a couple months and have been trying different ways to sell. First only selling to Canadians. Next selling both US and Canada. Now I have items with no Canadian shipping. Thinking it would  solve the Canadian's being upset because of paying for a higher dollar with a higher ship than the US. But if these items are not showing up in my store why have a store? Nothing seems to be working so far for me.

Thanks for listening.

From what I read and understood above, you have some listings on eBay.ca in Can $ with Canada only shipping, and Canada and USA shipping. You have some listings on eBay.con USA in US $ with shipping to the USA and some with USA and Canada.

Your issue is that some items do not show in your store. Nothing is wrong with your store. You are seeing what you are supposed to depending on what is available to your shipping location.

For example, you logged into eBay.ca. Your default ship to location is most likely your registration address which is Canada. So if you look at all your listing by going into your store like a buyer, you will only see your listings that ship to Canada. Any USA only shipping will not show. Same if you view your listing using the View Listings beside your ID.

When using sellers tools like My eBay Selling or Selling Manager Active Listings or the Seller Hub, these tools will show all your listings as a seller on all sites and not filter out by the ship to list.

If you look at one of your active listings and go to the Shipping pages, change the country to the USA and press enter to get rates. This will change your ship to country to the USA and now look at View Listings or your store. You will now see the USA listings and no longer see the Canada only listings.

I strongly suspect this is the reason for your issue, not something you are doing wrong.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The listings that do not have shipping to Canada can only be seen on .com. I can see 59 of your listings on .ca and 120+ listings on .com. I don't really understand your reasoning of not shipping to Canada.  I would list a shipping price and if the buyer isn't willing to pay it, they won't buy the item.  Buyers only see shipping to their own location so I doubt that buyers are comparing your US/Canada shipping prices.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You can ship to Canada even if your listing is on dotCOM and to the USA even if your listing is on dotCA.

Thinking it would  solve the Canadian's being upset because of paying for a higher dollar with a higher ship than the US.

Not every sale is worth having.

If you are getting messages saying that your asking or shipping costs are too high, put the questioner on your Blocked Bidder List and move on.

They will never be reasonable sensible buyers.

Your store will have both the items that are listed on dotCA and the items that are listed on dotCOM.

In Search, all items will appear in the currency used by the site the customer is on. That is, on dotCOM the customer (no matter whether he is in Canada, Australia or Brazil) will see prices in Search in US dollars.

When he clicks on a particular listing, one that was originally listed on dotCA, he will see both currencies.

Admittedly this does throw some American bidders, but it doesn't seem to bother any one else.

You can see this in action on my ID, because I list in both currencies.

The reason is shipping.

Items that can ship for LetterRate/Light Packet are Flat Rated and listed on dotCOM.

Other bulkier items that need the flexibility of parcel rates I keep on dotCA, where I can use Canada Post Calculated Shipping.

The reasons for a Store, to my mind, are;

• Vacation Mode
  • Lower listing costs (not free, because we are paying that monthly rental)
  • Ability to make our own sub-categories

None of which has anything to do with where I list or shipping costs.

Are you able to take advantage of freight forwarders like chitchatexpress in Toronto or Vancouver?

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@collectablejeff wrote:

Thanks for listening.

From what I read and understood above, you have some listings on eBay.ca in Can $ with Canada only shipping, and Canada and USA shipping. You have some listings on eBay.con USA in US $ with shipping to the USA and some with USA and Canada.

Your issue is that some items do not show in your store. Nothing is wrong with your store. You are seeing what you are supposed to depending on what is available to your shipping location.

For example, you logged into eBay.ca. Your default ship to location is most likely your registration address which is Canada. So if you look at all your listing by going into your store like a buyer, you will only see your listings that ship to Canada. Any USA only shipping will not show. Same if you view your listing using the View Listings beside your ID.

When using sellers tools like My eBay Selling or Selling Manager Active Listings or the Seller Hub, these tools will show all your listings as a seller on all sites and not filter out by the ship to list.

If you look at one of your active listings and go to the Shipping pages, change the country to the USA and press enter to get rates. This will change your ship to country to the USA and now look at View Listings or your store. You will now see the USA listings and no longer see the Canada only listings.

I strongly suspect this is the reason for your issue, not something you are doing wrong.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

The listings that do not have shipping to Canada can only be seen on .com. I can see 59 of your listings on .ca and 120+ listings on .com. I don't really understand your reasoning of not shipping to Canada.  I would list a shipping price and if the buyer isn't willing to pay it, they won't buy the item.  Buyers only see shipping to their own location so I doubt that buyers are comparing your US/Canada shipping prices.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply