Does the shopping cart work?

I just had a buyer purchase multiple items from me. She hasn't paid yet and hasn't yet asked me for a combined invoice. I list on .com in USD and the buyer is also in Canada. Should I email her or is there a button that works for her to request a combined invoice when she has finished buying?I know there have been problems in the past, not sure if the cart is working now.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

This happens to me all the time.

I assume they don't pay right away because:

-they're gathering the money to pay

OR

-they're waiting for me to send an invoice to confirm:

-shipping costs

or

-taxes

If I don't get payment, the next time I'm logged on I just send an invoice.

I have several buyers here in Canada and in the USA that always wait for me to send an invoice. Why, I do not know.

Years ago I decided never try to figure buyer practices out!

All I suggest doing is sending a combined invoice. 

If you're worried there may be more, add a note to the invoice asking them to let you know if they have any questions or problems....

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Like ricarmic says, Send an Invoice.

I Send an Invoice daily until payment is submit unless I'm told ahead of time the buyer needs to defer payment for a few days.

Otherwise, after 48 hours, I assume I'll be opening an Unpaid Item case in another 48 hours and I am rarely wrong about that.

To me, the lack of an Immediate Payment rarely means good things.

Of course, I sell primarily BIN. In the Good Old Days with Auctions fetching many bidders and much attention, it wasn't unusual to have buyers winning auctions up to a week later. That, of course, is fine. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

My standard blurb for that bottom of the invoice reads: 

Thank you for choosing McQueen and Mo Mater. We dispatch same-day, change NO handling fees, and we are always pleased to combine postage on multi-item orders. Questions? Please ask. We look forward to serving you. - Maureen 
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

It sounds like the buyer did not use the cart but used buy it now then commit to buy for each item.  When they use the cart you don't see their order until they have paid OR they request the total  from the seller.  

There should be a way for the buyer to request an invoice now now although I haven't tried to use that function in a while.  I would probably still send an invoice with a note that the shipping cost has been combined but if they are still shopping, I can send them an updated one once they let me know that they have finished shopping.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply