EBAY LIMIT INCREASE

2014bixte
Community Member
Hi everybody,

I started selling on ebay 4 days ago and I just started listing yesterday. My item has already sold 2 today! I'd this continues I'll exceed my selling limit next Monday! My items are relatively cheap ($2) but I really need my itwm number limit raised. How do in and will they increase a limit for an account this new? I have 2 buying feedback if that helps!
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

EBAY LIMIT INCREASE

Pretty much. They want you to walk before you run as it cuts down on the scam sellers.  $2 widgets and immediately requesting an increase? What do you think they will say? You have no track record.

Play the game, build your business. Impatience will only get you frustrated. Six months of good work will get you anything you want.

They like to see selling as that sends revenue their way. Max out your selling.

Photobucket

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

EBAY LIMIT INCREASE

@2014bixte wrote:
Thanks everybody! Just out of curiosity, what do you think would say or do if I called now?

They will say no and tell you to call back in 30 days, like I said the clock resets every time you call.

I have another account that had/has limits, I haven't asked for an increase in a year, if I call today they will give me one, If I call back two weeks later I will be told I have to wait ANOTHER 30 days.

pretty much everything you want to know about limits can be found on this page:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/sellinglimits.html

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

EBAY LIMIT INCREASE

I started out being able to list ten items. They have increased it by ten items a month (based on how well you do) and I am at 30. I think you have to wait. There is a way to ask for an increase but I didn't want to do what they asked so I just waited.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

EBAY LIMIT INCREASE

You have to wait for 30 days, if you request an increase sooner you will almost certainly be turned down and the clock will restart.

When 30 days have past click the link in My eBay.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

EBAY LIMIT INCREASE

2014bixte
Community Member
OK, so it's 30 days since I started selling, not registered right? And I need to max out my limits right?
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

EBAY LIMIT INCREASE

Pretty much. They want you to walk before you run as it cuts down on the scam sellers.  $2 widgets and immediately requesting an increase? What do you think they will say? You have no track record.

Play the game, build your business. Impatience will only get you frustrated. Six months of good work will get you anything you want.

They like to see selling as that sends revenue their way. Max out your selling.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

EBAY LIMIT INCREASE

@2014bixte wrote:
OK, so it's 30 days since I started selling, not registered right? And I need to max out my limits right?

It's 30 days from the last time your limit was increased or in you current situation 30 days since you opened a selling account and were given an initial limit.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

EBAY LIMIT INCREASE

2014bixte
Community Member
OK. What do they ask you when you call?
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

EBAY LIMIT INCREASE

@2014bixte wrote:
OK. What do they ask you when you call?

They will then ask you a few questions about why you need an increase. The obvious first answer would be "because it's the middle of the month and I'm maxed out".

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

EBAY LIMIT INCREASE

2014bixte
Community Member
Thanks everybody! Just out of curiosity, what do you think would say or do if I called now?
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

EBAY LIMIT INCREASE

They will say "no".

I discourage frequent calling. They keep track of that. I know, i asked.
Photobucket
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

EBAY LIMIT INCREASE

@2014bixte wrote:

They will say no and tell you to call back in 30 days, like I said the clock resets every time you call.

I have another account that had/has limits, I haven't asked for an increase in a year, if I call today they will give me one, If I call back two weeks later I will be told I have to wait ANOTHER 30 days.

pretty much everything you want to know about limits can be found on this page:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/sellinglimits.html

Message 11 of 11
latest reply