Ebay ended my listings on account of Counterfeit :(

Ebay suddenly ended almost all of my legit listings, i had posted all original items nothing fake or counterfeit. My listings were live since many days and i sold few as well.
I dont have no counterfeit items.
I really dont understand why ebay deleted my listings and sent me an email that they dont follow our counterfeit policy.
Can someone help me out here?
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Look up the VeRO policies.

EBay got sued and lost badly over a decade ago by Louis Vuitton, when counterfeit LV products were turning up on eBay.

Now any manufacturer/brand can stop the sale of their products when they spot them.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/policies/listing-policies/selling-policies/intellectual-property-vero-progr...

Do NOT try to relist those specific items, even if you get VeRO clearance to sell similar items in future.  Just don't.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Oh than what do i sell if i dont relist those items.
I am trying to sell Authentic Jerseys like so many others, mine are 100% legit. They are not counterfeit. I just read the VERo policy but this is not what ebay wrote in his email, rather it says clearly that my listings do not follow counterfeit policy.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

It could also be that there are protected distribution channels, so even though you have legit goods they are blocking sales outside of those channels.  Just speculation on my side as to why you may gotten VERo cancellations.

I wonder if the inclusion of "Authentic" in the title has tripped something.  

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

My item was also deleted because they said it is a counterfeit. How? I designed it myself and I have a POD to print it. Could a competitor flag me as having a fake item?
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

and I have a POD to print it.

What was shown in the design?

For example, a few  weeks ago Winnie the Pooh came out of copyright protection.

If you printed a picture of Winnie without a shirt (the original Shepherd design or your own take) that would be fine, but add the red shirt of the Disney version, which is still copyrighted, and you are in trouble.

POD is Print on Demand?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Was this a tshirt? As @reallynicestamps  suggested, if part of the design was copyrighted or it was an image that you don't have the rights to sell, it woukd be considered counterfeit.  
You have revoved an old thread do the mods may close it. If they do and you want to comment or ask a question you can start your own thread.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply