Ebay forcing my fixed price listings to "Your listings can now accept offers to attract more buyers"

As of recently, ebay has been forcing my buy it now fixed price listings into "accept offers". 

I don't know why this is happening constantly, I can't find out how to turn this off like it used to be.

I'll attach a picture of the exact email notification I keep facing.

It keeps forcing an email on me about 8 days after I list. The email advertises "Your listings can now accept offers to attract more buyers" I don't want to accept offers, I want it fixed price.

I don't know why it keeps changing my listings to accept offers about half way through, and then to correct it I need to go in and individually undo it with each listing.

This is beyond annoying and needs to get fixed, i'm tired of my listings spontaneously starting to accept offers when I specifically am selecting "no offers" fixed price.

This only started happening recently and i'm super unhappy with it doing this without my ask constantly, needs fix.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Ebay forcing my fixed price listings to "Your listings can now accept offers to attract more buyers"

eBay announced in a recent Update that it would be doing this to auction listings they consider to be underperforming. There’s not a lot to be done except to call Customer Service and protest or lodge a complaint. That and set your auto-declines because, in the meantime, this won’t be going away.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

You said

"eBay announced in a recent Update that it would be doing this to auction listings they consider to be underperforming".

However I assume when you say auction listings you actually mean all listings, because I only do "buy it now" and this is happening to all my buy it now listings.

And unfortunately underperforming basically apparently means "does not sell in the first 8 days of the 30 day listing, especially because it's done this to me with listings with many views, so it must just be connected to whether it sells or not.

This is clearly ridiculous force switching everyones listing to take offers constantly. Most of the time it makes the listing look less valuable/desirable by offering accept offers.

And it's annoying when the buyers then make the offers and I basically have to message them back saying "ya sorry, I don't know why it allows people to make offers, it's reasonably priced anyway, I set it to don't take offers and it shouldn't have allowed you to make an offer"

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

You can ignore Best Offers when they come in.

You can refuse Best Offers when they come in.

You can set an automatic refusal at a chosed level (99% of asking or a penny less than asking price).

And of course, it is worthwhile to monitor your weekold listings and use Revise to remove any unwanted additions.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Check your shipping prices. Those hardback books look heavy, and you are offering to ship them for the same amount both Regional (ON postal code) and National (BC postal code).

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

It costs me $12 to ship a paperback from BC to ON.  I would suggest that you use Calculated Shipping for those.

And check out the possibility of shipping your DVDs letter rate. And then folding that (fixed) cost of shipping into your asking price. This is called Free Shipping and buyers love it-- even though they are still paying the same for shipping.

By the way one of your listings has Free Returns. In your category, this is probably not a good thing to advertise. I mean, a good thing to do, but not to advertise.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

This really doesn't answer my question at all, all you're telling me is that I could always decline or accept offers, you're saying that I could set it to automatically reject low offers, and you're saying I should monitor my listings over a week old so that I can see and remove any unwanted additions.

I know all this already and it doesn't really address my question at all

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

This literally doesn't answer or address my question at all.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Maybe mention it to Tyler today on the weekly discussion board. Not sure he can do anything about it, but at least you will get it off your chest. And maybe he can pass along to the powers that be just how annoying this is to sellers.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Snarkiness to the volunteers who’ve come to assist will not gain you better advice. Please direct your frustrations appropriately.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

"You can't always get what you want. But you might get what you need. "-

Sir Michael Jagger.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Would anyone happen to have the specific eBay Announcement regarding adding Best Offer to listings? It appears it's not just listings with low activity. I just spoke to a US seller that created several new listings this week and has had the feature turned on by eBay to their surprise. Is it possible with these listings with Best Offer added can Automatically Accept Offers or is that a future update? That would be my biggest concern. "Maybe" if eBay has the "permission" to add this, an email should be sent letting a seller know per listing?

-CM

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is what I have been saying that eBay has been "hacking" into our accounts!!  I wonder what would the eBay customer service says when you call and say you don't want to include make offer?

Message 12 of 12
latest reply