Ebay managed payment is a mess.

Around 16th. May, a guy from Ebay,  Luis Alvarado, gave me a call and asked me to register Ebay managed payment.

Because there was a 20% final value fee promotion for sellers register before May 18th., I've done the registration the next day. However, there was no option for me to choose USD or CAD as payout currency. The system asked me to upload my ID and bank statement, which I did. I uploaded a USD chequing account statement and emailed Luis about this.

I've been listing and receiving USD for years.  I told Luis I wanted to set up USD as my payout currency. No replies of course.

Then I received an email from Ebay told me managed payment will be ready on May 25th.  OK. As long as they can get things right, I have no problem waiting.

You can guess what happened on 25th. They set up CAD as my payout currency and link my USD account as payout account. What are you guys been doing in those 7 days?!

It is so disappointed!!!

Then I called ebay customer service on 26th. Nobody knows about USD as payout currency for Canadian sellers! I have to educate them and show them the link and the vedio to convince them I am not crazy or making this up!

WTH?

What is going on? Ebay? Very very disappointed!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Ebay managed payment is a mess.

marnotom!
Community Member

Is your USD account with a Canadian or an American bank?

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

I have both. During the process, there was no option to choose USD or CAD. The stupid system didn't even recognize my Canadian bank account and asked me to upload a bank statement, which I did.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

@okkoppan wrote:

During the process, there was no option to choose USD or CAD. The stupid system didn't even recognize my Canadian bank account and asked me to upload a bank statement, which I did.

The sense I've been getting from other posters is that right now, Adyen and eBay are just finding out what sellers are interested in USD payouts and in the recent past there was a registration question to that effect.  Sellers weren't "choosing" a payment option other than C$ payouts so much as they were indicating interest, and if they indicated that they wished to have USD payouts, their switchover to Managed Payments was put on hold pending the final set-up of the USD payout system.

Were you trying to register on .com rather than .ca?  I'm wondering if that's why you didn't get the USD option during registration and that's why your bank account wasn't recognized and your payout currency and payout account are FUBARed.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

According to this vedio, the Canadian seller check in, pinned by Tyler.

We can choose USD or CAD during registration. But it is not true, at least there were no option for me.

You can't do it on .com. The system just redirects you back to .ca site because I am a Canadian seller based in Canada.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Yes, Canadian residents* can only open dotCA accounts.

Canadian accounts can only have Canadian banks.

But.

The Canadian bank can be in Cdn or US dollars.

But only one.

We cannot attach an American bank account to a Canadian eBay account.

*I'm not sure what happens with Canadian snowbirds who are US residents for five months or so of the year. I would imagine they can have a dotCOM (US) account.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

I'm still thinking that you were somehow directed to something .com-based.  The fact that you were telephoned about a FVF promotion that I don't believe anybody else on this board has mentioned strikes me as being a little "off".  Do you recall if this promotion was directed strictly to sellers of coins?  That category was slow to get integrated into Managed Payments and there are probably many sellers still using the PayPal-based payment system as a result.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Can confirm I also got a pre-sign promotion and phone call from eBay regarding signing up for Managed Payments. Can also confirm I was given the option of choosing which currency to receive, USD or CAD. I just signed up for Managed Payments using a $USD based Account from a Canadian Bank.

Like OP, I was told and had read that I would have the option to received USD like I have been on eBay for the last 15 years. Unlike OP though, I was actually given an option to choose USD or CAD payout. I chose USD payout, and eBay better honor the information they gave me when they asked me to sign up. I went out and specifically got a new bank account so I could set up Managed Payments correctly with eBay and I did so on rush because of the 31st deadline. 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Hello,

I am also on the list to switch to Managed Payments this month. I also was given a call and eBay message to sign up for a FVF promotion before a certain date. I didn't hit that date cause I needed to set up a USD bank account but I still have the 31st deadline to switch over to Managed Payments. I had read and was told that I would be able to choose USD as my payout currency as well. I was actually given this option in the Managed Payments sign up form however, unlike you. I wonder if you weren't given the option cause it seems your listings are made on .CA in CAD dollars instead of on .COM in USD dollars. I THINK that's where something messed up on your registration. Also, I'm unsure if my registration will go as planned and it's worrying. I NEED to get paid in USD, if that's not the case I will need to switch over to Amazon as my main selling platform and pretty much reinvent my business. Not cool how eBay is handling any of this, lots of confusion and lots of questions left for a pretty significant change to someone's business. 

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

pretty same here, but I putted all payments to be done in my $CAD account.

Manage payment started today and guess what, all my sales funds are on HOLD for 30-days.  Never get hold on all my orders since 14 years, even though with cases or disputes.  Funds was always available.

Capture.JPG

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Good for you! Not sure what went wrong with mine...... 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

I have some .ca listings and some .com listings. If you got the option to choose USD, I think it should be fine. 

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

The hold on mine is about 3 days.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply