Ebay now blocking buyers email in Ebay/PayPal invoices

33nhl
Community Member

Seems that Ebay has forced PayPal to block the email of a buyer from showing in invoices and on PayPal web site.

Has any one noticed that or is it just me seeing this only.

When a buyer makes a purchase pays for the item I feel I should and every other seller should have the right to be able to see the email info of the buyer that has purchased ther item and should be able to contact the buyer directly rather then going through Ebay web site.

I use those email to send out once in 4-6 months if I list 1000 items on ebay to notify past buyers that im listing items they may be looking for or better yet they can contact with ther wanted list.

Ebay is just putting a choke around our necks and just squeezing out our last breath.

Any input much appreciated

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Thanks for the heads up!!! Greatly appreciated!! If this IS the case how are we as sellers supposed to send a revised invoice if a customer purchases multiples of an item or several different items? Considering calculated shipping is still a problem for some sellers on dot ca? I sent revised/combined invoices several times per month. I need this option to work.

-CM

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

As far as I remember the newer PayPal format has never had the email info of the buyer. For a seller to access that information they would have had to use "classic view" on the PayPal transaction details which as of August/18 is no longer available.....

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

You are mistaken .There was the phone number and the email of the customer .Thats how i was making my insurance on the parcels.Now im force to ask the customer via message . And even today i need to call PayPal to give me the email or I was ready to cancel international transaction .

So latest news is that eBay asked PayPal to remove those important information .Way to go ...

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

This just ebay imitating amzon.  The future of ebay/ayden payment processing.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history-download

is still not dead (I just checked), still has emails in some reports.

Also: https://history.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_history

Click on details for the transaction of interest.

-..-

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Why would you need the buyer's email to add insurance to a buyers package?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

It's hidden but it's there.

As posted before, click on Send a Refund on the PP invoice.

DON'T PANIC!

The email address for the PP account is there.

You can then backbutton.

This works for non-US based accounts, as well as US and Canadian.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

You can find the buyers email through the sales record.  Next to your order should be a drop down starting with "sell similar".  Click on that drop down and you get some options such as print shipping label, add tracking # etc.  click on view sales record and the email address will populate along with address, etc.  There is a note that says the email address will be displayed for 45 days.

This came in handy for me when I had to send my customer an invoice through paypal as they wanted to upgrade their shipping but had already checked out.  Much easier than cancelling the sale and relisting with the additional shipping cost.

Hope this helps

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I guess I will have to do it this to get the buyers email

Before it would be shown in the email notification of a payment received from PayPal

Last notification with buyers email showing was on Aug 30 after that the email is hidden. but now see just have to click on send refund to obtain the buyers email then just close that window box after.  thanks for that info

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Ever been harassed by a **bleep** off seller? You can find all info on someone with an email. This has been going on a long time and I won't name the seller because I've reported it (further than eBay). People need this. Freaks everywhere

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Contact information including the buyer's email address is displayed in the Sales Record, easily accessible by clicking on the Record Number (the blue link directly above gallery image) supplied for each sale on the Orders page.

The email address is displayed for 14 days after the date of sale, it used to be displayed for a longer period, perhaps 45 days, this has been shortened to 14 days. Of course email can be saved forever versus just 14 days in a Sales Record so this is a pretty dramatic change.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply