Ebay re: shipping charges. Make up your MIND please

So just before Sept, Ebay sent a notice that shipping costs as of SEPT 1 would be deducted at time of customer payment, and not on shipment.  Fine with me, saves ridiculous currency exchanges which cost money.  So of course, Sept 12th rolls around and I get a notice my CC was charged over $300 for shipping.  All of it from product BOUGHT and paid for in Sept!!  So what gives?  Are they collecting at payment instead of shipment time, or not???

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

How can YOUR shipping charges be collected when the buyer pays, eBay doresn't even know if you are using their systems to purchase shipping.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

As recped mentioned they could never collect shipping at the time at payment as they don't know where you are paying for your label. I do recall reading that sometime in September (not Sept 1) that ebay would start collecting UPS and Fedex labels when they were printed rather than collecting when the packages were delivered as isdone now.   But I don't  know if that affects Canadians or was just valid in the US.

But maybe you are referring to a difference notice that I don't remember?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Not sure if this is related but yesterday for the first time ever my payment for shipping label (using eBay labels) was taken out the same day as item was paid for and I dropped package at post office (not when delivered as you say) so the payment came out of processing before issued. Don't know if it was a fluke or the new norm when using eBay labels.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@msau4301 wrote:

Not sure if this is related but yesterday for the first time ever my payment for shipping label (using eBay labels) was taken out the same day as item was paid for and I dropped package at post office (not when delivered as you say) so the payment came out of processing before issued. Don't know if it was a fluke or the new norm when using eBay labels.

devon@ebay 

Do you have any follow up info on these situations? Has asomething changed? These concern were brought up several week(s) ago as ongoing issues and were never any actually followed up as to the inconsistency of when sellers would get charged compared to the message a seller sees when they create a label (ebay Labels). Applies to both CP labels being created and Fedex labels being charged on delivery with non matching (increased) amounts after the fact.

Last we heard with the Fedex situation, that it was a known issue and eBay was "looking" into it. Not a  help to any seller left in the lurch (out funds) due to an eBay glitch.

-Lotz

@shallow_karl 

@msau4301 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@msau4301 wrote:

devon@ebay 

Do you have any follow up info on these situations? Has asomething changed? These concern were brought up several week(s) ago as ongoing issues and were never any actually followed up as to the inconsistency of when sellers would get charged compared to the message a seller sees when they create a label (ebay Labels). Applies to both CP labels being created and Fedex labels being charged on delivery with non matching (increased) amounts after the fact.

Last we heard with the Fedex situation, that it was a known issue and eBay was "looking" into it. Not a  help to any seller left in the lurch (out funds) due to an eBay glitch.

-Lotz

@shallow_karl 

@msau4301 

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! I know currently we are testing and ramping sellers into the shipping labels cost being charged the same day as the item was paid for. Some sellers will still experience the current format of labels being charged later on from shipping labels such as FedEx. 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

@msau4301 wrote:

devon@ebay 

-Lotz

@shallow_karl 

@msau4301 

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! I know currently we are testing and ramping sellers into the shipping labels cost being charged the same day as the item was paid for. Some sellers will still experience the current format of labels being charged later on from shipping labels such as FedEx. 

devon@ebay 

Does eBay have plans to address the sellers that are getting/have gotten revised shipment charges after a buyer has already paid? This is nothing a seller is doing wrong. More like an issue in how eBay is working or not working properly. Sadly or unfortunately sellers don't get revised bills when there is a decrease to charges. 

-Lotz

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

devon@ebay wrote:

@msau4301 wrote:

devon@ebay 

-Lotz

@shallow_karl 

@msau4301 

devon@ebay 

Does eBay have plans to address the sellers that are getting/have gotten revised shipment charges after a buyer has already paid? This is nothing a seller is doing wrong. More like an issue in how eBay is working or not working properly. Sadly or unfortunately sellers don't get revised bills when there is a decrease to charges. 

-Lotz

@lotzofuniquegoodies I know that this has been a concern for both Canadian and US seller alike. We have been in talk with FedEx about their quotes that are given to sellers for shipping labels to try to see if they can make them more accurate. We partner with shipping companies such as FedEx to get better discounts for our sellers but ultimately it is on their end when it comes to showing accurate pricing assuming the seller has entered the correct weight and diminsions of thier shippment. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I use eBay labels for all my shipments and the charge is always made subsequently to a credit card. I don't understand why they can't deduct it from the payout. I understand why not if you're using a different shipping platform but surely eBay labels is related in some fashion to eBay. It looks like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand's doing.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply