Fed Ex shipping rates

So since Fed Ex is now a fixed rate shipping option on Ebay Canada, how am I suppose to know how much to charge the customer? There is no Fed Ex shipping calculator on Ebay and since Fed Ex rates are very different (expensive) on their own website compared to its rates that you get in Ebay, it makes it virtually impossible to know.

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Fed Ex shipping rates

@bicwindsurfer wrote:

I'm a Canadian seller, and recently tried FedEx when the ebay.ca online shipping invoice tool was down for Canada Post.  While waiting the for the invoice issue to be resolved I noticed that the Fedex shipping option advertised  a big discount at  $17.78,  which was cheaper than Canada Post's rate so I thought I would give them try.  Well, my final invoice from FedEx ended up being $23.18 or 30% higher than the amount on my shipping label invoice.  What's the point of quoting a rate online only to charge a completely different final amount ? I don't do business that way, so that's the last time I will use  Fedex. 

devon@ebay 

@bicwindsurfer 

@sodabottle123 

Could you address this please ASAP? There are several fine folks who have reported this issue occuring lately. Why it is extremely important if Fedex is going to be an option that buyers and sellers can know what the actual rate is vs it changing(being rebilled) after the fact.

-Lotz

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

Fed Ex shipping rates

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@bicwindsurfer wrote:

I'm a Canadian seller, and recently tried FedEx when the ebay.ca online shipping invoice tool was down for Canada Post.  While waiting the for the invoice issue to be resolved I noticed that the Fedex shipping option advertised  a big discount at  $17.78,  which was cheaper than Canada Post's rate so I thought I would give them try.  Well, my final invoice from FedEx ended up being $23.18 or 30% higher than the amount on my shipping label invoice.  What's the point of quoting a rate online only to charge a completely different final amount ? I don't do business that way, so that's the last time I will use  Fedex. 

devon@ebay 

@bicwindsurfer 

@sodabottle123 

Could you address this please ASAP? There are several fine folks who have reported this issue occuring lately. Why it is extremely important if Fedex is going to be an option that buyers and sellers can know what the actual rate is vs it changing(being rebilled) after the fact.

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! Thanks for sharing this example with me. @bicwindsurfer I had the Shipping Team take a look into this and from what they could see there may be as surcharge that occurred when you went to purchase it. We recommend reaching out to our customer support team so they can take a deeper look into this. We also do apologize about the poor experience you had with this and if you could reach out to askcommunity@ebay.com via email we will supply you with a coupon to use for any purchase on ebay.ca.

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

Fed Ex shipping rates

It appears they have changed "Carrier-specific discounts"  before you could check a box saying something along the lines of "Show carrier specific discounts", although this actually never worked.  Now you have the option to input the percent of discount.  Not sure how you're suppose to determine this %, this stuff is so messed up. 

2023-06-29_8-11-47.png

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

Fed Ex shipping rates

devon@ebay 

This appears to be an ongoing problem since this thread was begun six months ago.

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

Fed Ex shipping rates

Canada's postal system is privatized, more or less, makes money and doesn't charge the horrific rates the USPS does to ship out of country.  I've been quoted (and verified it) rates 2-3 TIMES the Canadian rate to ship to  the same (reverse of course) person.  And the USPS LOSES MONEY!! They need a MASSIVE re-organization to get rid of inefficienies and DEAD WOOD.

Message 25 of 25
latest reply