Feedback for buyer not going through

jcd931
Community Member

Hi all -- I just went into my "Overview"  tab on my account and saw that I had three items indicating shipped and awaiting feedback.  I pride myself on giving positive feedback the same day or the day after I ship an item, so was very surprised that these three hadn't been dealt with.  When I looked at the three awaiting feedback, they were all buyers I know I had already submitted feedback for, but obviously, the system hadn't put them onto the buyers feedback page.  Does it make a difference if I sold the item on .com and submitted the feedback on .ca -- or is that even possible?  From now on I'll go into my "Overview" tab on a more regular basis to see if there is anything outstanding on there that I'm not aware of, but thought I'd check with the forum to see if anyone else had an issue like this?  Hope this makes sense and thanks for your replies.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It is part of my routine now to check all my recent orders to make sure I've left feedback.

When I am leaving feedback I cheat a bit, I use one of the chrome autofill feedbacks I generally leave, I click on the section to leave feedback and I pick whichever one I want to use. If it's not on the top picks list, I type the first letter and then pick the relevant one (this is how one sees feedbacks left that are "e" the giver hit enter before they picked the one they wanted).

Normally my problem is that I thought I left feedback but I simply autofilled the field and forgot to hit enter.

Having said this last week you probably saw the discussion that feedback was not working. I discovered that when I went to check and NONE of my feedbacks had taken.....

It happens to me about 1 in a 100 that show on my ebay as needing feedback when in fact the feedback was left and accepted on the persons feedback but it "eternally" shows on the list as needing feedback. Check the buyers feedback to see if infact it actually was left and it is just the my ebay glitch that sometimes won't acknowledge/recognize it....

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

It is part of my routine now to check all my recent orders to make sure I've left feedback.

When I am leaving feedback I cheat a bit, I use one of the chrome autofill feedbacks I generally leave, I click on the section to leave feedback and I pick whichever one I want to use. If it's not on the top picks list, I type the first letter and then pick the relevant one (this is how one sees feedbacks left that are "e" the giver hit enter before they picked the one they wanted).

Normally my problem is that I thought I left feedback but I simply autofilled the field and forgot to hit enter.

Having said this last week you probably saw the discussion that feedback was not working. I discovered that when I went to check and NONE of my feedbacks had taken.....

It happens to me about 1 in a 100 that show on my ebay as needing feedback when in fact the feedback was left and accepted on the persons feedback but it "eternally" shows on the list as needing feedback. Check the buyers feedback to see if infact it actually was left and it is just the my ebay glitch that sometimes won't acknowledge/recognize it....

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks for the very helpful and speedy reply.  Much appreciated.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply