Final pre-managed payments monthly invoice once activated

hlmacdon
Community Member

Have read through a few posts here but still don't have a clear view of what happens while the two billing systems have overlap. If we were previously paying monthly invoices via paypal approved billing and haven't changed currencies will the final pre-managed payments monthly invoice bill out as normal on the scheudled date and pull from paypal funds if available? I assume once activation date hits no more changes to that balance occur and everything new from that date transitions to the managed payments system of fee deductions.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

That is my experience, the last invoice is done as usual. After that you only get a "Tax Invoice" which summarizes  the GST/HST charges.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

That is my expectation too, however I did change my currency to $C, but my guess is that my pre MP bill (which got moved from June 16 payment date to July 1) will come out of PAYPAL likely still in US$, the pending bill shows as in US$ anyway.

I'm not clear on where the store etc fees come from under MP there likely won't be enough pending to cover them (the June bill is the "double one" where I've got two store fees in the billing month, at least thats how it used to be).

My presumption is it will pull it from the same bank account it is using to payout.

At the moment my primary payment method is PAYPAL (I think this is the OLD primary)

My backup payment method is NONE (and I cant change it, as discussed in another thread, this is what leads me to believe it is the Pre MP stuff).

My guess is that I can't add my bank account to the payment methods because it is inferred that it is the primary in the MP world.

Time will tell on July 1st....

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for confirming. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

My understanding about Store fee and other similar types of fees is that they get bunched and pulled from pending funds. For sellers using weekly payouts and selling at least something most days they will probably have enough pending funds, if you don't they will debit your bank account.

I would hope they would have enough sense to NOT pull fees on Tuesday afternoon when quite a few sellers won't have any pending funds. It's also possible (don't know) that if your have sales still in the processing stage the fee grab will be delayed until those transactions are complete and move to Pending status.

Personally I don't have any experience as I have absolutely none of these non-regular fvf type fees.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@hlmacdon 

Prior to MP activation I used pre-authorized payment via PayPal. My invoice was issued on the 1st of the month, funds were automatically withdrawn from PayPal on the 15th of each month.

After MP activation my last invoice was paid via automatic withdrawal from PayPal as normal. 

If under the old system you had an auto payment setup for the monthly invoice, and you go ahead and make a one time payment, it is possible to end up paying the same invoice twice. There was a warning note stating this possibility on my account. Once an invoice has been issued my advice would be to allow the auto withdrawal to function as intended.

After the current invoice has been paid, if there is still a small amount owing that has NOT yet been invoiced, a one time payment can be made provided it is done BEFORE an invoice is issued. This is the process I followed and it worked out fine. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for sharing your experience as well. Sounds like the best course of action is to just let it go through the normal steps and then review anything that might be left outstanding post the payment going through. Good tip on the one time payment timing to avoid a double payment.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Good plan. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply