Free Shipping Supplies (Canada)?

I was curious to know if it is possible to get free shipping supplies in Canada? I know you can get free eBay branded shipping supplies in the US but wasn't sure if that applied in Canada. If there is no such thing, could you guys please send me to any sites that sell shipping supplies for reasonable prices? Thanks

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tyler@ebay
Community Member

@davidbelluzz-0 wrote:

I was curious to know if it is possible to get free shipping supplies in Canada? I know you can get free eBay branded shipping supplies in the US but wasn't sure if that applied in Canada. If there is no such thing, could you guys please send me to any sites that sell shipping supplies for reasonable prices? Thanks

Hi @davidbelluzz-0 - a store subscription comes with a quarterly allowance for eBay Branded shipping supplies. It follows a calendar quarter, so you should receive a coupon in January, April, July and October. They don't carryover from quarter to quarter (so it's use it or lose it). 

Shipping Supplies are typically located here, but as @femmefan1946 mentioned there's currently an issue with the supplier's inventory and it's being sorted out currently. I'll keep everyone posted on the status of that on this thread

When it comes to stores overall, there are a number of benefits. In addition to the shipping supplies coupon, there are lower Final Value Fees by category and you get access to tools like the Vacation Settings tool. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Store sellers get an allowance quarterly which allows us to buy branded supplies, including boxes, envelopes, tape and thank you cards from a supplier who works with eBay.

There is a thread on the Sellers' Board about this because that supplier has suddenly run out of product.

I've got a good supply of poly envelopes at the moment, but until the promotion came into being I was very happy with the prices and quality from emailers_ca, poly_usa, and ecoswift.

They sell other products too.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Thanks very much 🙂 How will I know when the next promotion comes? (I'm an eBay store owner)

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Not free, but if you have Canada Post's free Solutions for Small Business membership you can order eBay branded envelopes. Plus some free stickers and other supplies. However, their bubble envelopes and boxes are cheaper elsewhere.

The eBay Pack is a sturdy plastic envelope (406 mm x 305 mm) designed for eBay Sellers's shipping needs.  I've found them to be quite useful.

14 cents each, minimum quantity of 25, maximum of  50 -- with free shipping

Hidden under: Mail, Pack & Ship >> Labels, stickers, pouches and more

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Thanks for the info! What are the advantages of owning a store versus not owning a store?
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

@davidbelluzz-0 wrote:

Hi @davidbelluzz-0 - a store subscription comes with a quarterly allowance for eBay Branded shipping supplies. It follows a calendar quarter, so you should receive a coupon in January, April, July and October. They don't carryover from quarter to quarter (so it's use it or lose it). 

Shipping Supplies are typically located here, but as @femmefan1946 mentioned there's currently an issue with the supplier's inventory and it's being sorted out currently. I'll keep everyone posted on the status of that on this thread

When it comes to stores overall, there are a number of benefits. In addition to the shipping supplies coupon, there are lower Final Value Fees by category and you get access to tools like the Vacation Settings tool. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Looks like I just missed the October quarter darn lol. Thanks for the reply Tyler! Really helpful information
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Happy to help @davidbelluzz-0!

Just want to clarify though - if you open a store subscription during the quarter you should still receive the coupon. Check your 'Subscriber Discounts' section of your 'Manage my Store' section. 🙂 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I tried looking for that link yesterday but no luck
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@davidbelluzz-0

What are the advantages of owning a store versus not owning a store?

If you have more than 50 listings regularly, a Store can be cheaper.

You no longer get the 50 Free Listings promotion, but the cost of listings is lower.

https://pages.ebay.ca/seller-centre/selling/ebay-stores.html#packages-pricing

The more listings you have, the lower the cost of each.

You also get lower Final Value Fees.

And you can put your Store On Vacation when Canada Post management locks out CUPW or you go to Cuba for a vacation in the sun.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

can't seem to find the ebay branded material at Canada post
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

@er_4672 wrote:
can't seem to find the ebay branded material at Canada post

Any current available items will be show here.

https://www.ebay.ca/usr/ebayshippingsuppliescanada

Assortment varies at any given time.

-Lotz

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2018

The problem with zombie threads is that the information in them is often out of date and no longer accurate.

Store subscribers do get coupons that can be used to purchase eBay branded merchandise. The premium offer goes out four times a year.

The Post Office is not involved with this in any way.

Sellers with Solutions for Small Business accounts with Canada Post get a tiny discount on some CPO services whether purchased from SnapShip (Canada Post online), from Paypal, or from Shippo.

Those sellers also get occasional premiums from CPO. This year I got a coupon for 25% off a medium prepaid shipping box and another good in January for a free box.  Neither of these is eBay branded.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 14 of 14
latest reply