GSP >> Pecking Money off Canuck Buyers

Ok.  I don't usually buy when the Seller is in the GSP.  Unless, I really need it, I'll buy it.  Much to my dismay now, that this type of pecking is beginning to be quite evident that some of that money is going into the pockets of Ebay + Pitney Bucks.  For instance, a 47CAD item,  and weighing 76g, has a shipping + import charges totally 29CAD.  The math does not add up. I looked at the bubble mailer and I see USPS's charge of 3.50USD with a Ebay + Pitny bucks label plastered over it. 

Then there is CPC' label from Pitny bucks and some of the details are incorrect too.  the weight states 2KG! the dimensions is so way off that I am competely boggled.  Does Pitny bucks reship by using that money I paid for  shipping? There is no way with brokerage fee + import charges + shipping add up to such ridiculous high cost.

I have bought gear from "rave" sites. When they ship with USPS, there is no import charges no matter how large the cost (200CAD range for each purchase).  The same with Wish that I order from  and no extra charges are ever collected.

So I wonder what rubbish Ebay and PitBo is pulling with this non-sense.

Is there a way to ask the Seller to revise the listing without the GSP bunk so I am more amenable to buying his/her stuff?

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: GSP >> Pecking Money off Canuck Buyers

The Globa Ship Program is the best thing to happen to my wallet in the last 3 years. It is absolutely awesome! I have reduced my total purchases on the E-B by nearly 90 percent.

In the first year or so I fell for it but no more.

I've found that for us Can adians this has been  a huge money saving opportunity, and to buy at home is the very best. Not from Ame ric an sellers.

Thank you EB.

You have saved me money beyond my wildest dreams!

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

I've messaged 4 or 5 sellers that use GSP in the past week for items I am interested in but without the Global Shipping Program. So far 2 of the sellers didn't even know they were enrolled in the program or what it was. They are still trying to figure it out and how to update a listing so it could be shipped outside of GSP if required.

-Lotz

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

ZOMBIE THREAD FROM 2018

The problem with reviving zombie threads is that the information in them may be out of date and inaccurate.

Although it is interesting to know that some US sellers have not, years after introduction, noticed that they are signed into the program.

Gives us Canadians an idea of how small and unimportant a market we are for US sellers, eh?

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

Yes, you would think there would be some kind of welcome to the neighbourhood package you get when you get enrolled into GSP with the Yes you can do that and the No you can'ts. If it included the grief it can cause for buyers it would be like Shangri la.

Sadly the reason ZoMbIE threads show up is because the default when you search is best match and not my date. So they keep turning up when folks have eBay problems. Something that would be a great fix.

-Lotz

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

-----------------------------------------
Help us keep the community friendly and fun for everyone, check out the Guidelines
Message 25 of 25
latest reply