Have you ever had a pesky person keep emailing you with questions?

I have a person wanting to know if the song that is on the CD is the same as the song on the radio from the 1960's Petula Clark - song Downtown.  I told him that the artist recorded that song 7 different times over her career.  I also explained that when it was originally recorded it was mono and that this was in stereo so either had been remastered or re recorded by the artist.  I told him I grew up in the sixties, hence I am 65.  He has sent 4 emails. His last email he told me to get my parents or grandparents to listen to the song to see if it is the same one that was on the radio in the 1960's, I did not respond to that one.  I checked the feedback he has given and out of 25 he gave 4 negatives.  I have blocked him and will not be answering any of his emails.   

I almost want to tell him that I got my parents to listen to the song and that this is not the same song as was on the radio and leave it at that.

I can just imagine him maybe buying the CD and then saying it wasn't as described it was different from the song in the 1960's. 

What would you do?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

This is what I would do:   "I have blocked him and will not be answering any of his emails. "   (ie what you have already done)

Nothing more to do don't spend any more time on it...... 

It is great when problem buyers tip their hands before they buy, it is a great day when that happens!

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I very rarely block someone don't think I have in about 8 years until a few months ago. Blocked this guy without answering 

had some vintage toys listed

have been dealing in toys for 35 yrs

these toys were old store stock and were in very good condition

started getting emails from a  guy who started picking them apart and was telling me they were not originals

nothing wrong with asking questions one has to be prepared to answer these   Without seeing them in person one needs to be able to answer these

but what he said at the end of the last email made me do so 

he  basically said I am interested in a answer but not matter what you say you are wrong unless you agree with me 

did not answer and blocked

did not need that headache  There was no winning that one

these did not sell here but took them to a show a few weeks later and they sold fast to an advanced collector who was thrilled to get them in that shape

weavers

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I get a chuckle out of the folks who take the time out of their busy days to help you better understand how to price your items! (Usually they're willing to pay you the "Correct" price they've provided you).

Differently than that though,I had a fellow a couple weeks ago advise me of the trending prices (which were below mine, but only sort of since they weren't really comparing the same thing). Interestingly, I looked at their feedback and they weren't even stamp buyers so I'm not sure what provoked them to give me advice....

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Those types. I get a few. 

I have to wonder if they wander through the grocery store, complaining about the price of peanuts too. "I could buy these in Mexico last summer for ten cents per pound less! The outrage!!" 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

"This water is too wet!"

"My milk tastes like cow!"

"My crackers are too dry and crumbly!"

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

A most interesting situation,..

Offer was made on a book listed at $95 US.... Many have been sold by me at this price... and let this person know so... No offer accepted...

Person who made this offer said his friend had bought this book at about $30 US

This offer on Monday morning was $30.US

On Tuesday Morning   the offer was $60 US,..... But I did not respond....  Tuesday was shopping day.

On Wednesday  morning the offer was $60 US including shipping.... shipping was about $20 US

My response...  Book sold this morning at the listed price.

Strange situation....  Both the buyer of this book and the person making the offers were from the State of Maine in USA.

Coincidence... maybe.... but the person making the offers had been blocked....

Was the book bought as a "gift"  for the person making the offers?.....  Transaction was without any complications...

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Thanks, I also took down the listing and will put it back up in a week or so.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

A few years back I had a buyer from my website asked me a bunch of questions about the books I was selling, after a few exchanging e-mails she seemed finally satisfactory and we agreed on a price for buying several books, then she stopped responding to e-mails after I sent her instruction on how to send me funds via Paypal... she was never rude though, just sounded like a nervous new online buyer with limited funds like how I was when I was still a student... 🙂 It'd be nice she'd at least tell me she didn't want the books any more or even whatever absurd reason than ignoring e-mails =/
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

and then some buyers would say.....

It'd be nice the seller would at least tell me they didn't want to sell the books any more or even whatever absurd reason than ignoring e-mails.

Works both ways.......

Message 10 of 10
latest reply