How are you choosing to manage the risk of lettermail to BC?

For people who sell cheaper items via lettermail, have you taken any temporary action to deal with the probable issues getting items to BC?

If you live in BC, have you successfully received lettermail from out of the province since the highway closures?

Are you risking issues with item's not being received by shipping lettermail? 

Or, are you essentially locking out BC buyers by restricting them from lettermail shipping? What I mean is, if you charge $1.94 for shipping, you edit your shipping table so BC residents are now charged $15 so that you can ship their item regular parcel or expedited? I say locking out, because raising prices of low priced items by 13+ dollars will result in people not buying them, because they are too expensive compared to other offerings on the market.

I am not asking, what is eBay doing to protect sellers. I am interested to know how sellers have decided to manage the risk with lettermail to BC. As well as the kind of experience anyone here who resides in BC might have had with out of province lettermail items they ordered for themselves. 

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

We just started to sell again after years. Unfortunately an item did sell at the time where we were bogged down in Abbotsford BC.  I saw this tonight which stated in part:

• Upload valid tracking from an integrated carrier within your handling time for your shipped items AND
  • Your uploaded tracking shows a carrier Acceptance Scan within 2 days of your handling time

Ebay was not even on our minds while we were trying to bail water.  We were also volunteering in support of neighboring Sumas flats where people lost everything. By the time we noticed the sale, 5 days had passed and we were still inn heavy rains and flood warnings. 

Our first concern was to contact our buyer in New York. They were extremely accomodating  and understanding of our situation.  We finally managed to pack and ship yesterday and provide the required tracking number obviously not within our two day handling / shipping time.

Our buyer was and has been super nice. 

As stated, we've only stared selling again, so what are the consequences of being "dinged" for late shipping?

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

@sarahsplace100 wrote:

As stated, we've only stared selling again, so what are the consequences of being "dinged" for late shipping?

One of two late and the consequences are NOTHING AT ALL.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 22 of 22
latest reply