How do I deal with this buyer?

I have a buyer with a feed back of 4. Yesterday he bought an item and did not pay for it. Today he emails me and wants to know if I will ship it to him free. The shipping will be in excess of $30.00. This was my response:

"No - sorry. I can't do that. These types of questions have to be asked before
you buy. If you don't want the radio - just let me know."

I am yet to have a non paying bidder. If he does not want the item which is better - ask him to request a mutual cancellation or wait the 4 days and ask for my fees back and list him as a non-paying bidder?

I seem to remember that the latter is better because it takes away his option of giving me feedback - is that correct?

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

@rosscd57 wrote:

I used Google Earth to check out this guy's address, it's in Sarasota FL - an express lane in a huge warehouse, with shipping containers everywhere. Could be fine - but again just odd.

It sounds like it might be a package forwarding service.

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@rosscd57 wrote:

I used Google Earth to check out this guy's address, it's in Sarasota FL - an express lane in a huge warehouse, with shipping containers everywhere. Could be fine - but again just odd.

It sounds like it might be a package forwarding service.

Yep - that could very well be - or he works there.

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

'Which indicates that he is using a trans-shipment firm. Goods are purchased which the seller is uncomfortable delivering to the buyer's own country. These are sent to a trans-shipper who bundles them for the buyer and sends them on.

The eBay seller is fine as long as the item can be shown to have arrived at the US address. You don't have to worry about its eventual arrival in Morocco or Israel or Singapore.

As in -- no Item Not Received claims.

The buyer can still leave feedback for 60 days. Actually that may explain why he has only left 4 FB- the other stuff is still in Florida waiting to be sent on.

There are quite a few of these companies shipping to Japan and South Korea,and they seem to work well. But again, the commercial culture of Japan differs from that of Singapore.

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

The buyer can still leave feedback for 60 days. Actually that may explain why he has only left 4 FB-

Well actually he has never left feedback - the feedback was left by sellers - it is now up to 5. He has made about 20 purchases in March and is the leading  bidder in a bunch more. He only joined eBay in the middle of February, this year. Tomorrow will be day three. If I have not received payment, I will gently remind him the the payment is due and let him know that if he does not want the radio I will be proceeding with the payment not received claim the next day so I can get my fees back and get this radio listed again.

-

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

I thought I would follow this up.

He kept asking me for a couple of more days - he was all very polite and so I figured, what the heck and thought I would play along for a while.

Bingo - on the tenth day he paid me and I shipped right away.

Ya just never know.

Message 25 of 25
latest reply