How do I link my paypal to ebay without a phone?

I dont have one yet. Any help?

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Use the landline in your home.

Or the number to your mobile device.

Do you have one of those?
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Although I’m not certain that’s PayPal linking to eBay. They use email for that.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

No we pay too much as it is. we couldnt afford a phone too. Although I have come up with some money for me to get one. Probably next month ill have enough. Unless I can find a pay as you go thingy. I have a blackberry that I am not sure what to do with as I donT like it. So far I only call people through hangouts. But not sure if canada has such plans.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

eBay needs a phone number for registration purposes. You can’t sell or buy on eBay without one to the best of my knowledge, there are rare but important occasions where you need to call or be available to take a call. Also, for Customs purposes. That information needs to be provided as you import/export in case there are questions. Or open postal claims. Et cetera.

PayPal needs your email address to send/receive money and link accounts and connect to eBay, also for contact purposes, I suppose. You’d need a way to call PayPal if you had a question or problem.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Any one in the household working?

Use the work number.

How about your mum's house?

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I don't remember ever needing a phone number to link eBay and PayPal -- but things may have changed since they separated into different companies.

Cheapest light use pay-as-you-go cell phone service in Canada would be 7-Eleven Speakout.

Pay-as-you-go plan: You buy prepaid amount ($25/$50/$100), value is good for 365 days, but gets extended another 365 days whenever you top-up the prepaid balance. You also need a compatible phone and a Speakout SIM card ($10).

A good resource: https://www.speakoutwireless.ca

If you already have an internet service an alternative would be a cheap VOIP (voice over internet phone) connection. www.worldline.ca is one of many that offer this option.

-..-

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

VOIP phones piggyback on your internet service which makes for a cheap home phone.
Ooma VOIP phone service works very well, the basic service is ~ 4.95 month which provides unlimited local and long distance calls. Requires purchase of an Ooma box though , those are available at Staples and other retailers. Works with any old phone set corded or uncorded.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

what do you guys think of fongo? it's a free service in Canada working through wifi which I have. Just charges 1,99 a month for text. Would it be ok to use as an emergency number untill I can get an actual one? 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply