I have 2 questions for sellers, one expecially for those you sell poster/prints

Hi fellow Ebayers, 

1) Like someone already mentionned in a previous post, is it really worth it to have a store?

I personally never click on 'store' when I want to view their items. I click 'other items'. Is it just me or other people do it too?

2) For buyers and sellers of prints, the artists sometimes will have a 'foil variant', they are usual in small quantity 'editions'. I personally don't find them appealing, thoughts anyone?

Thanks a lot

Pierre

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I never click on store either.  I think that most decide if they want a store based on costs. It can be an advantage if you want to list more the the amount of free listing non store sellers get. Also, stores pay less in fvf so that can also be an advantage.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@arts_zone wrote:

Hi fellow Ebayers, 

1) Like someone already mentionned in a previous post, is it really worth it to have a store?

I personally never click on 'store' when I want to view their items. I click 'other items'. Is it just me or other people do it too?

2) For buyers and sellers of prints, the artists sometimes will have a 'foil variant', they are usual in small quantity 'editions'. I personally don't find them appealing, thoughts anyone?

Thanks a lot

Pierre

One other perk of having even a basic store is the option to arrange by the categories(groupings - sub-groupings) that work for you vs ebay's options. Sometimes that can attract buyers to other similar listings.

-Lotz

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Stores are also useful when you have several disparate product lines, like Bibles and brassieres.

An advantage for the buyer is that those personalized categories appear with a Store, but not with Other Items.

I doubt many buyers know that, though.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Stores are also useful when you have several disparate product lines, like Bibles and brassieres.

An advantage for the buyer is that those personalized categories appear with a Store, but not with Other Items.

And if it was a  brassiere bible you could show in both categories. For double the traffic.

-Lotz

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

@arts_zone 

tyler@ebay 

Does anyone know for a new seller if they get immediate access to the increased listing quantities or do they still have to wait to prove themselves?

-Lotz

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - the answer to both questions is yes. 

A store subscription will provide the insertion fee credits at the full allotment for the store tier - immediately upon subscribing. 

However - existing selling limits apply. 

In short - a store subscription will not override the existing limits in place for a member's account.

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 7
latest reply