I just gave myself selling limits!

Funny story - queue the theatrics ... 

Since I started selling, I've never had selling limits on my account, at least not to my knowledge. There was never a section in my Seller Hub showing seller limits (other than the free monthly insertion limits), never a notice that I've reached or exceeded any listing or dollar amount limits. I've put up and sold hundreds of listings in a month, never any issue. Until today. 

Another seller on this forum made a post today asking a question about account limits. Out of the kindness of my heart, I went to grab the URL to eBay's page on account limits to reply to their post. Before I copied the link, I gave the page a quick scan and there in all it's glory was a big blue "Request a Limit Increase" button. "What does this do?" I asked myself.  

I click the button. "Congratulations! We've increased your account limit to 100 posted/sold listings and a sale amount of $2500 per month," read the message on the screen (or something to that effect). Ummmm, what? I've exceeded those limits already - by A LOT!

I quickly go to seller hub - there's a new section that has appeared at the bottom of the page - big red, maxed out lines across my screen. 410/100 max listings! Well over the $2500 sales limit!! I then try to make a new listing - DENIED! "An error has occurred. You've reached your 100 listing limit for this month." How is this possible?? I just posted over 200 items in the last 48 hours! 

I get on a chat with with an eBay rep and and they promptly raise my limits to a more reasonable level. Ok great, thank you. But the issue still stands - I now have clearly defined limits that I didn't have before - all because I clicked that stupid button. 

Moral of the story: Be careful what you click on LOL

-Ty

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

gauld
Community Member

I called Ebay about that a few months when that happened to me and Ebay told that they items you sell add to the items that you have listed and the same with your sales are added to the sales you have to get your selling limits. Ebay uses them to make sure that sellers perform well and don't have any issues. If you can to talk them they can make sure that your seller limits are  where you need them to be.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Oh yes, I contacted them and they quickly raised them to a level that wouldn't impede my listings or sales. I understand why they are there, it's just funny that I never had them before. I know eBay has them and I've looked through my account several times in the past and they've never been displayed until the other day when I clicked on the "request a limit increase button." Maybe they weren't there because this account is so old. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

But how is the foot you shot healing up? 😁

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Haha still quite sore but healing up nicely 🤣

Message 5 of 5
latest reply