Invitation only promotions

Anyone know how Ebay decides which accounts get invited? I have 3 accounts and it just seems wrong to me which ones were invited and which weren't

I have this account, which is my new main selling account. This account has a 30 item per month limit on it because it is so new. It was invited

There's my buying account, which I have never sold anything on, is only maybe 6 months old and only has 7 feedback. It was invited.

Then there's my old main selling account, which has tons of feedback, and no limits. The account has been open since Sep 03. I currently use it pretty heavily while I wait for the limits on the new main account to be lifted. It was NOT invited.

I don't get it, that's pretty much the opposite of what I would think *should* happen.

Anyway, curious if anyone knows how these things are decided. Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I don't get it, that's pretty much the opposite of what I would think *should* happen.

Well it looks to me that it is just random. I would not put if past eBay to do just that. It is hard to believe that they just want it irritate their customers - but they do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old enough to know better. Young enough to do it again. Crazy enough to try
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

nan*55
Community Member

Only ebay knows the secret 😉

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

So what do you think is the purpose of the promotion? To reward loyal long time sellers? Dream on.

EBay is in business to make money and to boost their stock for the benefit of the gamblers who buy the stock (since eBay does not pay dividends, none of their stockholders are investing in the company, they are just gambling that the stock price will rise and they can sell it at a profit.)

By encouraging new and occasional sellers to list more, they make their business appear to be growing (which it is, but some people need to be hit by a two by four before they can see this). And that makes the stock price go up. And the stock gamblers are happy.

Some of the stock gamblers are also senior employees of the company.

Use the free listings to post items that are hard to sell. Use your "real" ID to sell stuff where your good prices, clear descriptions, solid feedback, and attractive merch will win you sales.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

nan*55
Community Member

Well I'm not sure fem about the new or occasional seller idea.I get the invites and I'm not new or occasional.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

It was definitely a bummer

I got the emails and thought wow perfect! I have like 100 items waiting to be listed!

Really it's only 5 bucks saved, but 5 bucks is 5 bucks

Chris

Message 6 of 6
latest reply