Mail price?

Hi, what is the price to send a video game through normal mail using Canada post within Canada?

I'm talking about ps2, ps3, xbox games etc

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Mail price?

Lettermail

A standard DVD case is thin enough and weighs under 200grams (usually).

$2.95 within Canada

If you go over the 2cm thickness it gets a LOT more expensive.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Mail price?

@leonelhyrule wrote:

Hi, what is the price to send a video game through normal mail using Canada post within Canada?

If the package is 2cm or under in thickness you can use oversize lettermail.

No tracking, no insurance, but does have a flat rate for anywhere in Canada.

101-200g .. 2.95
201-300g .. 4.10
301-400g .. 4.70
401-500g .. 5.05

-..-

More than 2cm thick, use Expedited parcel.

Has tracking, $100 insurance included, but cost varies depending on where in Canada it goes (same package might be $7 to one area or $14 to another area). This is when eBay's calculated shipping is useful (otherwise you have to guess what a good flat rate value should be used for the listing)/

For best price break, buy Expedited through paypal shipping.

-..-

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Mail price?

mcrlmn
Community Member

As recped says; oversize letter mail @ $2.95.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Mail price?

We sell DVD movies and video games all the time. Half the time they are 100g or under with a plain envelope. That makes the Cost within Canada $1.80 in stamps. Yes 101g to 200g would be $2.95 within Canada. There is no need for a padded envelope for a standard DVD case, they are not fragile like a CD or cassette case.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Mail price?

@maximus7001 wrote:

We sell DVD movies and video games all the time. Half the time they are 100g or under with a plain envelope. That makes the Cost within Canada $1.80 in stamps. Yes 101g to 200g would be $2.95 within Canada. There is no need for a padded envelope for a standard DVD case, they are not fragile like a CD or cassette case.

There are hundreds of different dvd case designs out there, many of which do not protect the contents if sent through the mail with no additional protection.  There are many that will survive but there are lots that won't. So it's the gamble that $1.50 in savings (reduced postage and no bubble envelope) will out weigh any damage complaints.  Of course, if you know it's a quality case, then the risk is much lower.

-..-

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Mail price?

tobyshitzu
Community Member

A lot of the newer ones will come in under 100 grams as the cases got flimsier and they stopped including booklets.  Most of the older ones will be 101-200 if they still have their books.  A few were over 200 grams when new when they had ery thick english and french booklets  

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Mail price?

@leonelhyrule wrote:

Thanks

Are you asking as the buyer? Or the seller? 

If you are asking as the buyer, be aware that you have to factor the whole cost of the transaction (item plus shipping) into your decision whether or not to make the purchase. The seller decides how he or she wants to ship it. That is, with or without insurance and/or tracking. It is the buyer's decision about whether he want so pay that total amount, nothing else. The seller's handling change may be apparent or it may be hidden somewhere in the price. You shouldn't worry about it.

If you are asking as a new seller, then let me suggest that although you can ship it across Canada for less than $2 and across the USA for just under $6, the real question is should you do that? I have a low tolerance for risk, so I dislike untraced, uninsured parcels unless I am in a position where I have multiples of that same item to offer as a replacement if it goes missing en route. The rate of actual lost letters is quite low but, as a seller with little feedback due to selling, you have a big, fat target on you that may draw less-than scrupulous buyers to your listings. 

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you that.

This is the link to find costs on Canada Post https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

This is the link to Seller Protection on paypal. https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security. Remember, you have NO protection against Item Not Received Claims unless you have tracking to prove it was delivered and received. Proof of Shipment does not suffice. 

Best of luck as you carry forward.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Mail price?

Thank you all for your replies, have been very helpful 🙂

Message 9 of 9
latest reply