Managed Payments Needed Update Now Shipping Labels Problem

So yesterday I had a notification on Ebay to Update my Managed Payments. I followed through and input the same details because nothing changed on my end. They said it takes 2 business days to verify. Ok that's fine..

Today, however I printed out 4 labels on Ebay (Purchase Shipping Label) packed everything up nice and brought it to Canada Post and had my packages turned away. When she scanned all 4 packages it said problems with my payment method?

I believe this is because they wanted me to update my payment details? I have funds in my account that are going to be transferred to the bank when it is verified. Could they not use those funds?

Another question I have is will these labels be good when my account is verified? Or are they null and void now? If that is the case I can ship my packages the old fashioned way tomorrow but I don't want to do this and pay at the Post Office and then Ebay end up putting through the charges for these labels?

Has anyone else been in this predicament?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

You can buy labels on SnapShip (Canada Post) using your credit card and since that is also attached to your Solutions for Small Business number, they will count towards any available discounts.

The unused labels will eventually time out, so IF they are paid for (which I can't speak to) they will eventually be refunded.

Eventually is not going to be fast unfortunately.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/business/shipping/find-rates-ship/snap-ship.page

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

If eBay let you purchase and print the labels then I can't imagine any reason why they wouldn't be valid.

I would find it more likely that the postal clerk was confused as to what he/she was doing.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I've never heard of labels 'timing out' but you can void them and do labels at snap ship or sign into PayPal.com/shipnow

There was post a while ago about something similar but it was due to a mixup with Canada Post and ebay billing.  It had nothing to do with the seller's account.  It's possible that might be the case again.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply