My item is not listed on Ebay.co.uk even though I listed it to ship internationally?

Hi everyone,

Sorry to ask another question but two of my items that I have listed are not showing up on Ebay.co.uk (as I intended). I am not sure why this is happening because I listed it to ship internationally.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262576729195?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262576696089?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Thank you in advance.

Edit: They do show up on Ebay.ca and Ebay.com

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: My item is not listed on Ebay.co.uk even though I listed it to ship internationally?

The OP's stuff is still not showing up on ebay.co.uk in search. 

Message 21 of 32
latest reply

Re: My item is not listed on Ebay.co.uk even though I listed it to ship internationally?

Stupid obvious dough-head question here:

When it comes time to branch out and ship beyond CAN & USA, the seller ships WORLDWIDE only blocking off all the "questionable" countries as others have explained here.  Will the items then show up on UK?  Or does the seller HAVE TO pay extra just for UK visibility but not for Oceania and South America?  And do you HAVE TO list a shipping fee to each and every one of  those countries or can you just say like some in the listing "Overseas shipping available on request" and still have your listing appear at the bottom or under "International" but no shipping fee stated?

Message 22 of 32
latest reply

Let me give this a shot. I asked the same question to R at ebay Canada but I don't remember wether the answer was given at Board Hour or via email.

If you list in English and specify shipping to UK, your item will show up on the bottom of the page under Listings from International Sellers.... eventually. Somewhere in the placement.

If you pay 50 cents for International Site Visibility or list directly on ebay.co.uk, your item will show above the line. 

Like so. This is a screenshot from ebay.co.uk. The bottom one is mine, first in line under International Sellers. Apparently, I did not buy ISV with this listing. If I did, it would be with the first two.

Screen Shot 2016-08-14 at 9.30.22 PM.png

Message 23 of 32
latest reply

This is an example of a listing where I did purchase International Site Visbility. It shows jus at the top of the page when the search is done on ebay.co.uk. So what happens if I go to another ebay like italy or France?  

Screen Shot 2016-08-14 at 9.32.57 PM.png

Message 24 of 32
latest reply

@i.am.vivian wrote:

... do you HAVE TO list a shipping fee to each and every one of  those countries or can you just say like some in the listing "Overseas shipping available on request" and still have your listing appear at the bottom or under "International" but no shipping fee stated?

There is a short list of countries that require you to have shipping for international search: USA, UK and Australia

On the long selling form you select areas in the Additional ship to locations - buyers contact for costs section (if listing on eBay.ca) or Require buyers to contact you for international shipping costs (if listing on eBay.com). This is hidden if you have already selected a Worldwide shipping service.

-..-

Message 25 of 32
latest reply

"If you list in English and specify shipping to UK, your item will show up on the bottom of the page under Listings from International Sellers.... eventually. Somewhere in the placement."

Depending on how specific the search is and how many results, a listing may not show up at on an international site,  For example when I searched for Disney Pixar cars on the uk site there are thousands of listings in the regular part of the search so there isn't a separate international search area.  There's no absolutes with search here anyway.  eBay probably has other criteria too on whether or not a listing shows up on a specific site.

Message 26 of 32
latest reply

True. I am only parroting what I understood as it was explained to me. The conversation I'd been having with Raphael at that point was about the general value of paying for International Site Visibility. If a seller's listing is among a soup of general search terms that turn up eight thousand results, ISV won't help it anyway. You'd have to be a top-seller in that category to rank anywhere in Best Match. 

The problem here is that the OP's listing is not showing up at all on ebay.co.uk.

If you follow the link it's there but if you search by term of even item number, there is nothing. And it's been a few days now. 

I think he needs to take this to R at Board Hour on Wednesday. I cannot, I am gone this week on holiday with family.

Following the link, the seller's item. 

Screen Shot 2016-08-15 at 5.51.41 AM.png

Search by term

Screen Shot 2016-08-15 at 5.52.05 AM.png

Search by Item number

Screen Shot 2016-08-15 at 5.52.30 AM.png

Message 27 of 32
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

If you list in English and specify shipping to UK, your item will show up on the bottom of the page under Listings from International Sellers.... eventually. Somewhere in the placement.

If you pay 50 cents for International Site Visibility or list directly on ebay.co.uk, your item will show above the line. 

Excellent!  That would make SO much sense.  

OK then, never mind the line, alot of people search Lowest Price incl Shipping.  With NO payment for sight visibility but with a shipping fee included, where does that put the item?

If no shipping fee is included but the seller still ships worldwide and no ISV fee paid, will it still appear at the bottom or else below the "International" line? 

Message 28 of 32
latest reply

@ypdc_dennis wrote:

There is a short list of countries that require you to have shipping for international search: USA, UK and Australia

On the long selling form you select areas in the Additional ship to locations - buyers contact for costs section (if listing on eBay.ca) or Require buyers to contact you for international shipping costs (if listing on eBay.com). This is hidden if you have already selected a Worldwide shipping service.

-..-

Do you mean sellers have to state a specific shipping FEE to those countries?

If you can have buyers ask about the ship fee to their country instead of stating it each time for each item, would the item still show up but with no fee and the sellers instructions to ask about it in the listing?

Message 29 of 32
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

Depending on how specific the search is and how many results, a listing may not show up at on an international site,  For example when I searched for Disney Pixar cars on the uk site there are thousands of listings in the regular part of the search so there isn't a separate international search area.  There's no absolutes with search here anyway.  eBay probably has other criteria too on whether or not a listing shows up on a specific site.

Shouldn't there be absolutes?  I think you are probably right and whether or not a listing shows up seems to be as much the luck of the draw as anything.  There NEEDS to be something firm, like if you pay ISV fees you get top visibility like every other listing but if you don't pay the ISV fee then you're below the line.  If you state a specific shipping fee you get slotted in, but without that you are at the end of the list BUT STILL THERE.  That would be simple and make sense.  It would make most sense to ME at least.  

Message 30 of 32
latest reply

I hope this old topic will still work - I have all my items listed for international shipping but a prospective buyer just sent a note asking if I ship to UK. I said of course and told them to just press 'buy'. They TRIED but were met with the message "buyer does not ship to your country". I double checked and the item in question is listed as shipping internationally. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Message 31 of 32
latest reply

Warning, because this is an ANCIENT thread it will probably get locked.

I checked a couple of your listings, you are not blocking the UK (or pretty much anywhere except the eBay default blocks) BUT you do not specify a shipping charge for the UK. If there is no specified shipping foreign buyers cannot purchase and are instructed to contact the seller.

This is what a UK buyer sees if they look at your listing:

recped_0-1695405079495.png

It looks like you provided shipping for Canada & USA but not for other destinations.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 32 of 32
latest reply