My item is not listed on Ebay.co.uk even though I listed it to ship internationally?

Hi everyone,

Sorry to ask another question but two of my items that I have listed are not showing up on Ebay.co.uk (as I intended). I am not sure why this is happening because I listed it to ship internationally.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262576729195?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262576696089?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Thank you in advance.

Edit: They do show up on Ebay.ca and Ebay.com

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

My item is not listed on Ebay.co.uk even though I listed it to ship internationally?

opened fine for me

Message 2 of 32
latest reply

@vitessewolf2 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Sorry to ask another question but two of my items that I have listed are not showing up on Ebay.co.uk (as I intended). I am not sure why this is happening because I listed it to ship internationally.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262576729195?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262576696089?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Thank you in advance.

Edit: They do show up on Ebay.ca and Ebay.com

I am not understanding this at all.

How are you able to post links to .uk, that the link takes me to the item on .uk, then, when I search on .uk, they do not come up?

You ship to the UK, you have shipping stated to the UK.

How long have these been listed? New listings can take a while to show up. That they are already visible on ca and com further confuses me.

Photobucket
Message 3 of 32
latest reply

Sorry, but if you try to search it on Ebay.co.uk, they do not come up.
Message 4 of 32
latest reply

@sheepgal54 wrote:

opened fine for me

The links open. Now, try to search for them on uk, without the links.

Photobucket
Message 5 of 32
latest reply

When were these first listed? They take up to 24 hours to migrate to ebay.co.uk. 

Did you pay for International Site Visbility? 

Message 6 of 32
latest reply

And some unsolicited advice: cull your Worldwide Shipping. You are going to lose your items and payments plus get defects by offering untracked shipping to all these places. 

Message 7 of 32
latest reply

No I did not.

Thank you for your answer.
Message 8 of 32
latest reply

These listings are not about making money but building a reputation.

I have some very very valuable items that I want to sell in the future but I want to build a reputation as a seller first.
Message 9 of 32
latest reply

You're welcome.

They'll probably appear by this time tomorrow on eBay.co.uk. It's not immediate.

But, honestly, if you don't reduce your risk, you'll lose money AND damage your reputation and selling ability on eBay.
Message 10 of 32
latest reply

Gradually building your seller's repertoire before listing expensive items is, however, an excellent plan.
Message 11 of 32
latest reply

I understand but there is a limited market for the train items that I am selling in just Canada. I would at least need to sell them in the States.
Message 12 of 32
latest reply

The States is fine. Europe is fine, some even via Small Packets Airmail which is untracked. Worldwide is fine too provided you are shipping via Tracked Packet to its available locations or Xpresspost/Air Parcel.

But to ship to some of the extremely high-risk locations on your ship-to list without tracking is a big mistake.

You can ship to high-risk locations with tracking, or you can ship to low-risk places without tracking and you can even do some combination of the two but you cannot ship to high-risk locations without tracking. You will suffer. We don't want to see sellers fail. 

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

I understand.

The international shipping options were: United States and Worldwide. I am looking at the shipping options but I don't see an option to be selective with the worldwide countries. Please let me know otherwise?
Message 14 of 32
latest reply

You can block whole continents if you like under your Account Settings. 

Account --> Site Preferences --> Exclude Shipping Locations From Your Listings

This is what mine look like and I only ship outside Canada with tracking but I am more cautious than many.

Screen Shot 2016-08-13 at 6.29.49 PM.png

Message 15 of 32
latest reply

These listings are not about making money but building a reputation.

But it is the sales to those countries that can really mess up your feedback and your account.

The scammers will do it by claiming Non-Delivery when an item is still in transit, and getting both the refund and the item.

The honest buyers will do it by saying (correctly) that their purchase arrived after the eBay estimated delivery date.

Under International Shipping is Choose Custom Location.

You should be choosing USA. That's as safe as shipping to Canada and 10x the market.

Then you can Offer Additional Service-> Choose Custom Location

And choose from the list.

Personally I go for UK, France, Germany, Australia and Japan. I also choose Europe, but I would not advise a new seller to do so , not yet.

And I also ship Worldwide, but again, I am in a much stronger position than you are (including selling in a very safe category). As mjwl says, use the Block for anywhere else.

In some cases the problem is the buyers, but more often it is a bad postal or customs system that delays or 'disappears' imports.

Message 16 of 32
latest reply

Nicely put, reallynicestamps.
Message 17 of 32
latest reply

Or, as poco mentioned often, don't ship anywhere that is NOT in the list below.If an established shipping insurance company won't provide insurance for these countries, that means they know the business is not worth it. For pricier / rarer items, tracking and insurance is a must to protect yourself as a seller.

Source: http://www.insurepost.com/questions.asp#GEN6

Argentina
Australia
Austria
Bahamas
Bangladesh
Barbados
Belgium
Bermuda
Canada
Chile
China
Costa Rica
Croatia
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Dominican Republic
Egypt
El Salvador
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Greenland
Guatemala
Hong Kong
Hungary
Iceland
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Jamaica
Japan
Korea, Republic of
Luxembourg
Mexico
Morocco
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Samoa
Singapore
South Africa
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Taiwan
Turkey
United Kingdom
United States
Uruguay

Message 18 of 32
latest reply

@mjwl2006 wrote:

And some unsolicited advice: cull your Worldwide Shipping. You are going to lose your items and payments plus get defects by offering untracked shipping to all these places. 

Hooey!

I and thousands of other sellers offer worldwide untracked shipping and virtually never get burned. Plus my shipping metrics are at 100%.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 19 of 32
latest reply

And that's great, I'm happy to hear it.

But with your sales volume, you are set to withstand a few defects without it sinking your boat.

And toys are not as warm and fuzzy a field of sales as you might think. Maybe people who shop for music are inherently easier to please. 

Message 20 of 32
latest reply