NEGATIVE FEEDBACK --

EBAY IS SO GOOG WITH SELLERS... a buyer asked me from USA to cancel his transaction as he thought my shipping is too expensive, well did he not read my discription about my shipping  before he bid? 2 comics is over .200 grams , from here we can't send comics as letter mail, I do not make shipping prices , Canada Post does, well I cancelled his transaction as he asked me to , yet he gave me a negative feedback????>? I called Ebay told them I did what buyer asked me , how could he leave negative? over something he made a mistake by not reading my shipping prices??? GOOD OLD EBAY'S answere we will send your concern to feedback removal and they will decide--well Thank you for pounishing me for doing what buyer wanted , and not going through with his contract by not paying what he bought,,, GOOD WORK EBAY ,,Thank you 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK --

2 comics is over .200 grams , from here we can't send comics as letter mail,

Well, technically....

We are not supposed to ship by LetterMail outside our borders.

But 2 comics under 500 grams and 2cm thick including a stiffener look a lot like an O/S letter. If you use stamps to ship, which can be purchased at a discount on eBay, no tracking, and drop them in the mailbox rather than passing them across the counter, there should be no problem with either postal system.

Note that these very specific instructions  would be cheating.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK --

Sadly many people don't read all of the description (if any), I've had similar complaints "Oh I didn't know you were in Canada, that's too much". There is a good chance however eBay may remove the feedback if it was done at buyer's request.

I had someone leave feedback after ONE DAY saying they still hadn't received my item! I had no problem having it removed.

Although it's hard to not react when you're angry the best thing to do is to reply to their feedback nicely with your explanation/response (remember replying to feedback doesn't mean you are just responding to the buyer, you are responding to the feedback for anyone else who happens to look for details on the negative).

You could say something like "Buyer was unaware of shipping policies from Canada. Information was included in listing. I cancelled ordered upon buyers request." That way people see the reason and that you were cooperative. If you had chosen "Buyer Requested" as reason for cancelling they shouldn't be able to leave negative. Maybe you chose the wrong reason with cancellation but hopefully it will be removed for you.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK --

Checked the feedback, may be rude but the way you are writting with a bunch of caps and exclamations, aggressively, i'm not suprised at all by it. Your buyer's feedback isnt about your shipping, it's about your unprofessionnalism. Your reply to it and the way you write indeed give yourself an unprofessional look and helps the legitimacy of that negative feedback. Not good at all. Combined shipping is indeed something very standard.

That being said, if he really requested cancellation you should be able to get the feedback removed. Luckily for you. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK --

According to your response, the buyer demanded combined shipping.

While combining and discounting shipping is the norm on eBay (and in online selling in general) if the buyer demanded it, you should be able to get the FB removed by Reporting the buyer.

Buyers can request combined and discounted shipping* but are not allowed to demand changes to the advertised service.

*and sellers sometimes have to do some fancy footwork to make it happen

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK --

Yes indeed, just recently experienced a US buyer PAYING  for an item AND THEN  followed up with an eBay message: to please cancel the order " I didn't realize it was not in USA".

I politely respond and follow-up with the requested cancellation... and even though the buyer did leave positive feedback; no matter that buyer don't get reciprocated... and them's the ones that I immediately put on my blocked bidder/buyer list!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply