New page design is awful

The new design is atrocious. Instead of being able to see what is happening at a glance, we now have the information broken up and shoved under separate headings. Useful information like views/watchers is gone, replaced by annoying messages about adding Item Specifics. I describe my items fully and don't need to fill in boxes provided by eBay that merely take up room in my lisitings. The chronology has gone. Now items that have received bids are separated from those that haven't. All the commands in blue boxes down the right-hand side are super annoying. We're not children. I don't need to be told to Add Item Specifics, or to Contact Buyer when I've already done so, or Reply to a message I've already replied to, or Get Tips on Shipping, or any of the other things someone at eBay who has obviously never sold a single item thinks we need. Bring back the classic view, eBay, and stop trying to look trendy by throwing a dog's breakfast of information on a glaring white page. Function trumps appearance.

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: New page design is awful

Agree

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Are you looking at active listings in sellers hub?  I see views and  watchers.  You should also be able to see all items in that area, bids  or not.   You might need to customize  that section to see exactly what you want.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Yes, I was writing about the Overview that pops up automatically. The Active view is chronological and, as you say, gives views and watchers. But again there are far fewer items per screen, simple things like colouring a bid in green to stand out have disappeared, and there is the constant annoyance of message after message telling me to add item specifics.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

People justifying their employment.

That's part of their job description.

The option to opt out would be nice.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

New design does not allow seller to add notes which I used to do quite regularly.  Things seem harder to find but this might improve as I get more accustomed to it.  Personally I would rather spend time getting items ready for sale instead of trying to learn another new system. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Was just going to ask the question myself. It just got switched on me yesterday and can't bring back the classic look. Very annoying. Guess its not just me. Annoying tips about items specifics, etc. I need to be able to see everything at a glance. OMG

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@pmlinne wrote:

New design does not allow seller to add notes which I used to do quite regularly.  Things seem harder to find but this might improve as I get more accustomed to it.  Personally I would rather spend time getting items ready for sale instead of trying to learn another new system. 

The Add Note feature still exists but in the Seller Hub. The My eBay version does not have it. I would suggest switching over to the Seller Hub. I know it is bloated with many features some sellers do not care about. But no point in fighting the direction eBay is going. EBay does not want to maintain multiple interfaces so they take their main system in the Seller Hub and use its modules for My eBay Selling. 

The My eBay All Selling Overview will become just a light version of the Seller Hub. 

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

The new page design is out of touch with sellers,missing features  and links from previous My eBay page. Does not give the simple overview,page is limited at 25 items only,unles you scroll to have 200 max and it can not be defoult like that. I set start page on "active", but the layout is too big, with important info in the smallest letters. What is next? Stop selling ?

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Thanks for the information.   When I have an hour of free time to try to wade through ebay's new format I might try it.  

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

I do not like it either.  The old view seemed much easier to find things. For me it may be an age thing. I hate all this constant change stuff.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Well, I spent 45 minutes trying to find how to add a note.  Finally found it.  Can't say this page design is any improvement.  So much information to sort through is overwhelming.    I could have been writing up listings instead.   

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

New design does not allow seller to add notes which I used to do quite regularly.

On the Active Listings List click on the arrow next to Edit at the left.

Add Note is on the dropdown menu.

On the Unsold Listings list click on Actions at the top.

The Add Note is on the dropdown menu.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply