Newbie Question: Buyer made an offer, asked for fixed shipping...

I was recently offered a fair price on an item, which i would like to accept. The person asked in the 'Message' portion if I would be willing to ship for 15.00... Looking it up, shipping to her location is 15.50, so I wouldn't mind. (I really just want to build up my experience on Ebay.) So, can I change it within the Offer? Or do I have to change it in the listing, then accept the offer? 

I would appreciate any help! Thank you!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Newbie Question: Buyer made an offer, asked for fixed shipping...

@awaken_finds wrote:

I was recently offered a fair price on an item, which i would like to accept. The person asked in the 'Message' portion if I would be willing to ship for 15.00... Looking it up, shipping to her location is 15.50, so I wouldn't mind.

Simple method: Make a counteroffer with an item price that is lower by the shipping difference and leave your shipping alone.

-..-

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

The eBay policy is that shipping is not part of the Best Offer haggling, since shipping is not a profit centre and the seller does not actually keep the money.

The workaround is as dennis suggests, to make the adjustment in the asking price and leave the shipping unchanged.

You have the buyer's postal code right?

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

And also your Small Business Solutions number to use buying online labels from SnapShip, Paypal or Shippo?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

the easiest way is, once you agreed to lower shipping, and they buy the item is to lower the shipping price on your invoice.. 1 step , easy.  no need to go in and change things..

especially if they change their mind..

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Yes, that’s what I ended up doing. I plugged their postal code into a Rate Finder on Canada Post and just charged them the difference. I wish you could alter the shipping price within an offer, though. It would make things so much easier.

Unless, I missed something? Because I couldn’t find on Ebay what the buyer was going to be charged for shipping. I had to look it up...
I’m learning guys! Thanks for the support!
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

EBay doesn't try to keep up with the post office (and courier) pricing.

Those are not under their control and any mistake..... who would get the blame?

Bookmark this:

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

And this:

https://postcalc.usps.com/?country=10440

Those will be more accurate than any third party.

And on Canada Post remember that the PO went metric in 1974 and any other measurements will be a wild guess.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply